PDA

View Full Version : Now I Have a Record Cleaning Machine. Ho Ho Ho!

Macca
16-04-2011, 12:47
Was very busy at work Friday so did not get to pick up my messages until late morning. One was from the Building Manager - ' Martin, there is a very large package for you in reception.'

Sure enough it was my Moth RCM sent courtesy of the estimable David Brooks (Mains Cables R Us).

Got it up an running this morning - fantastic! Cleaning records on this thing is better than sex! (okay I exagerate but not by much:lol:). Listening right now to my previously unplayable copy of Average White Band 'Soul Searching' (sounding like brand new) before I get back to cleaning a few more I haven't heard in years.:cool:

Totally recommended.:)

Marco
16-04-2011, 13:42
Nice one, Martin.

I think that the message is slowly but surely beginning to hit home now that if you want to hear what vinyl (and your T/T) are TRULY capable of, an RCM is utterly and fundamentally essential - end of!

Enjoy! :cool:

Marco.

Toby
16-04-2011, 14:12
Cool

Marco
16-04-2011, 14:20
Hi Toby,

That's got to be the shortest opening post ever!

Welcome to AoS :)

Please pop into the Welcome area and introduce yourself properly to our members, by telling us what system you're using and what music you like, as this is required procedure from all new members - cheers! :cool:

Marco.

Toby
16-04-2011, 14:31
Hi Marco, Sorry im new to posting on forums,

Thanks for the warm welcome, I will take a look at that page & introduce myself properly then :-)

Marco
16-04-2011, 14:33
No problem, Toby, it's just how we do things here, mate :)

Marco.

MCRU
16-04-2011, 18:00
Glad it works for you mate, regarding it being better than sex, all I can say is whatever floats your boat...:lol:

Macca
16-04-2011, 18:08
Glad it works for you mate, regarding it being better than sex, all I can say is whatever floats your boat...:lol:

Thanks David - as far as the sex thing goes maybe I am wrong, it has been a long time:lolsign:

The Grand Wazoo
16-04-2011, 18:45
Cleaning records on this thing is better than sex!

Well you must be doing something right if it's as noisy as that...........

Thing Fish
16-04-2011, 18:49
Have you tried cleaning your dingly with the cleaning machine? By combining the two you might achieve nirvana...!

MCRU
16-04-2011, 19:24
Have you tried cleaning your dingly with the cleaning machine? By combining the two you might acheive nirvana...!

I am not sure the record cleaning fluid will achieve the same result as a womans mouth! Delete if found offensive...:lolsign:

Marco
16-04-2011, 19:28
Nah...tongues get into all the crevices! :eyebrows:

Marco.

Barry
16-04-2011, 20:05
Nah...tongues get into all the crevices! :eyebrows:

Marco.

And who better to comment with a record cleaner called Tabatha! :eyebrows:

For those that don't know, this is what Tabatha looks like when cleaning records:

http://theartofsound.net/forum/image.php?u=3075&dateline=1284677197

But better than sex? Nah!

MCRU
16-04-2011, 20:07
Where is this thread heading, no pun intended.

Thing Fish
16-04-2011, 20:28
I believe we are discussing having our grooves cleaned...:smoking:

Marco
16-04-2011, 21:34
http://theartofsound.net/forum/image.php?u=3075&dateline=1284677197

I'll pass on your regards to Tabatha. She's currently moisturising her bikini line, after a 'Brazilian' ended up being a little 'closer' than she predicted.... :eyebrows:

But better than sex? Nah!

It's a wonder you can still remember!! :lol: :lolsign:

Marco.

Barry
16-04-2011, 22:06
I'll pass on your regards to Tabatha. She's currently moisturising her bikini line, after a 'Brazilian' ended up being a little 'closer' than she predicted.... :eyebrows:

It's a wonder you can still remember!! :lol: :lolsign:

Marco.

Long ago my barber stopped asking me "Do I need anything for the weekend". But then I never did buy my condoms from the barbers! :eyebrows:

Still remember? - of course I can! But what was it I came upstairs to do? :scratch:

Regards

Marco
16-04-2011, 22:09
Erm... To adjust your 'cantilever'? Arf, arf!

Marco.

Macca
16-04-2011, 23:48
This site is getting worse and worse - I mean - a man uses a little hyperbole to get a point across and what happens? His thread is hijacked by a shocking display of sexism etc.

I mean I know Marco needs no encouragement but some of you should be ashamed of yourselves - You know who you are! Especially Barry who is usually on expressing a lacsidasical ( I know that's spelt wrong but bollox to it) but consistant opposition to this sort of carry on.

All of you - get a haircut and get a proper job!

Kind Regards:)

Barry
17-04-2011, 00:13
This site is getting worse and worse - I mean - a man uses a little hyperbole to get a point across and what happens? His thread is hijacked by a shocking display of sexism etc.

I mean I know Marco needs no encouragement but some of you should be ashamed of yourselves - You know who you are! Especially Barry who is usually on expressing a lacsidasical ( I know that's spelt wrong but bollox to it) but consistant opposition to this sort of carry on.
All of you - get a haircut and get a proper job!

Kind Regards:)

Haha!

First of all my so called lackadaisical attititude to all this is nothing but! I am concerned about the 'laddish' and possibly mysogenistic trend of some of the humour expressed here in the forum (we have few enough female members here as it is, so we don't want to offend any so they leave).

My mention of "Tabatha" and her so-called image, is a long running gag here, and whilst the image is sexist, I would hope any female members of AoS would recognise the unstated irony and sarcasm, and not take offence. Apart from that any statement, or otherwise, of my sexual proclativities is just that, and probably no different to that of anyone else.

But then another member has frequently commented that I do take things too seriously. So what the Hell? It's all part of the good-natured banter we enjoy here on AoS. And, if I have offended anyone, I apologise.

Regards

The Black Adder
26-04-2011, 10:03
can I come round with me 50 LP's? :)

Macca
26-04-2011, 12:21
You would be very welcome! Send me a PM if you are serious:)

Alex_UK
26-04-2011, 20:58
Joe - if you really have only got 50 LPs then please take Martin up on his kind offer.

Martin - if Joe does take you up on your kind offer, give him a slap from me and tell him to go and buy some more records to enjoy on that fabulous turntable of his! ;)

Barry
26-04-2011, 21:08
Joe - if you really have only got 50 LPs then please take Martin up on his kind offer.

Martin - if Joe does take you up on your kind offer, give him a slap from me and tell him to go and buy some more records to enjoy on that fabulous turntable of his! ;)

+1

Yes, what was the point in sending it to Switzerland to have Schopper work on it, if it's now going to be 'fed' with dirty vinyl? :scratch: