PDA

View Full Version : Spirit - a long forgotten (by some) band due for a ressurrection, hopefully

Neil McCauley
14-04-2011, 21:59
AMG write as follows:

"Spirit was a highly regarded rock band that achieved modest commercial success, charting 11 albums in the U.S. between 1968 and 1977. Founded in Los Angeles in 1967 by musicians who had a mixture of rock, pop, folk, blues, classical, and jazz backgrounds, and who ranged in age from 16 to 44, the group had an eclectic musical style in keeping with the early days of progressive rock; they were as likely to play a folk ballad featuring fingerpicked acoustic guitar, a jazz instrumental full of imaginative improvisation, or a driving rhythm tune dominated by acid rock electric guitar playing. The diverse tastes of the original quintet produced a hybrid style that delighted a core audience of fans but proved too wide-ranging to attract a mass following, and at the same time the musicians' acknowledged talents brought them other opportunities that led to the breakup of the original lineup after four years and four albums, then kept … "

I'm giving away 3 of their CDs to one lucky new owner as I'm pruning my duplicates. Details here > http://bit.ly/gtFito

The Grand Wazoo
14-04-2011, 22:07
That's a great offer Howard - it's good to see someone trumpeting the talents of such a great band.
The Twelve Dreams of Dr Sardonicus is not far behind Forever Changes as far as I'm concerned - it's one of the few records that I've actually literally totally worn out!

Barry
14-04-2011, 22:15
Howard,

Everytime I go to your webpage and try to enter into your giveaway CD draw by clicking on your e-mail "HERE", my system goes into a 'fritz': MacAfee sends me a warning that my computer is at risk and sometimes locks up completely.

Can I enter the draw for both the Jethro Tull and Spirit discs by e-mailing you using the details provided on your Members page?

Regards

Tim
14-04-2011, 22:24
Nice one Howard, email sent :)

Neil McCauley
14-04-2011, 22:39
Howard,

Everytime I go to your webpage and try to enter into your giveaway CD draw by clicking on your e-mail "HERE", my system goes into a 'fritz': MacAfee sends me a warning that my computer is at risk and sometimes locks up completely.

Can I enter the draw for both the Jethro Tull and Spirit discs by e-mailing you using the details provided on your Members page?

Regards

Hmm. Interesting. Yes of course. So far - 19 requests for Jethro Tull and err ... 0 for Spirit. Early days though.

Barry
14-04-2011, 22:41
Hmm. Interesting. Yes of course. So far - 19 requests for Jethro Tull and err ... 0 for Spirit. Early days though.

Thanks

Stratmangler
14-04-2011, 22:42

Please see my post elsewhere - assuming of course that it hasn't been moved:doh:

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showpost.php?p=205391&postcount=2

John
15-04-2011, 15:01
I remember Randy California playing at the Marquee back in the early 80s Lets put it this way there was one night the whole crowd understood why he was called Randy Lol

Neil McCauley
16-04-2011, 21:23
All 3 Spirit CDs won by Mr. Mike Homar tonight

The next draw will be next Saturday and will be for a brand new REM CD. Not sure which one yet.