PDA

View Full Version : Albarry

trio leo
14-04-2011, 13:30
Greetings fellow music lovers, I have just heard the new Albarry AP11 pre amp and M608 power amps at the Audio Works in Cheadle, I was amazed how fast,dynamic,articulate and musically involving they were, the red fronts are reminiscent of the legendary M408s we saw in the 80s. The pre amp comes with a MM phono stage for us vinyl lovers and is fantastic value for money at around £1,650, the 60 watt power amps are about £2,550 per pair, this is high end Hi-Fi at it's best, do yourself a musical favour and go to hear them, if you live in the south, Radlett Audio have them, PS there's a lot of new vinyl out there. Enjoy your music fellas, regards Al

DSJR
14-04-2011, 13:36
Ok, you've heard them and think they're great - I shall do the same next week at RADLETT AUDIO - HiFi dave's place (well, if one person's going to do a plug for their dealer, why not I for an old mate???)

The thing is, when are you going to BUY a set sir? One thing to rave about something, but quite another and better thing to put money where mouth is and purchase some???

The preamp interests me especially, as apparently it's the first preamp of any persuasion that Dave's heard which has no hum with a London Decca...... :)

John
14-04-2011, 13:38
Hi Welcome to AOS
Alan Tell us more about your system and the music you enjoy

trio leo
14-04-2011, 15:12
Hi Welcome to AOS
Alan Tell us more about your system and the music you enjoy

Hi John, at present my system is ,Trio LO7D T/table,Dynavector 10x5 cartridge,Spectral DMC 12 pre amp with Spectral interconnects,Albarry M408 mono-bloc power amps, and Trio LO1T tuner, stands are Quadraspire with acrylic shelves and cryogenically frozen legs,mains block and all mains cables are Music Works cryo'd and the speaker cable is Chord rumour (cryo'd) into Allison 3 loudspeakers. although now I have heard the new Albarry AP11 and M608s I will be selling my amplification system. I have a wide range of musical interests, female vocal, soul, light rock and classical if I'm in the mood. thanks for the interest, enjoy your music. regards Al

trio leo
14-04-2011, 15:22
Ok, you've heard them and think they're great - I shall do the same next week at RADLETT AUDIO - HiFi dave's place (well, if one person's going to do a plug for their dealer, why not I for an old mate???)

The thing is, when are you going to BUY a set sir? One thing to rave about something, but quite another and better thing to put money where mouth is and purchase some???

The preamp interests me especially, as apparently it's the first preamp of any persuasion that Dave's heard which has no hum with a London Decca...... :)Hi Dave, you're quite right, I am selling my amplification system to make way for the new Albarry set up I'm just not sure whether to use forums or magazines or even Ebay,I hope you find listening to the new Albarry set up as fantastic as I did. Enjoy your music. Regards Al

Alex_UK
14-04-2011, 15:24
Hi Alan, welcome to AoS.

Was it your legs or the the ones on the rack that were cryogenically frozen? Sounds interesting/painful, depending on the answer! :lol: Does it really make a difference? (Assuming it was the rack!)

Dave - to be fair, Alan did mention Radlett Audio in his first post... (Does everyone know that as well as from Audio Works in Cheadle you can also get these amplifiers from forum member hifi_dave - owner of Radlett Audio??? ;))

I'm sure you'll enjoy the forum, and sorry for pulling your (cryogenically frozen) leg! I just can't help myself, and I've not even had a drink yet (well apart from half a bottle of meths, but that doesn't count, does it?) :)

John
14-04-2011, 15:26
Used to always lust after the Trio one the best TT ever made
If you get the chance I think mist of us would like to see some pictures we a bit of nisy bunch here and I sure most of us will enjoy

trio leo
14-04-2011, 15:49
Hi Alan, welcome to AoS.

Was it your legs or the the ones on the rack that were cryogenically frozen? Sounds interesting/painful, depending on the answer! :lol: Does it really make a difference? (Assuming it was the rack!)

Dave - to be fair, Alan did mention Radlett Audio in his first post... (Does everyone know that as well as from Audio Works in Cheadle you can also get these amplifiers from forum member hifi_dave - owner of Radlett Audio??? ;))

I'm sure you'll enjoy the forum, and sorry for pulling your (cryogenically frozen) leg! I just can't help myself, and I've not even had a drink yet (well apart from half a bottle of meths, but that doesn't count, does it?) :)
Hi Alex, I appreciate a laugh, so far everything that I have heard that has been cryo'd has made a noticeable difference, the black bits get blacker and it appears to significantly reduce background noise and you find you want to turn it up, I have found a similar response using acrylic shelves or even the acrylic stands I have underneath my power supplies for the t/table and the pre amp and under the Music Works mains bloc, I have heard how good the Music Works new Acrylic tables are but I need 2 and they are not cheap, still, bit at a time eh. regards Alan

DSJR
14-04-2011, 19:45
I look forward to educating Alex(UK) on a variety of audio things. he has the lead on me in everything else :eyebrows:

Alex_UK
14-04-2011, 22:39
I look forward to educating Alex(UK) on a variety of audio things. he has the lead on me in everything else :eyebrows:

Grasshopper is ready to learn, Master! ;)

DSJR
15-04-2011, 08:41
If I try to sit cross-legged in "Buddha" mode, I can't get up again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

A fun day should hopefully be had by all (I'll be in the loft sorting through old mags probably :lol:)

Note to self- must take a scanner and all the bits I've been putting aside including box for ADC VLM...

Rare Bird
15-04-2011, 08:48
(I'll be in the loft sorting through old mags probably :lol:)

Note to self- must take a scanner and all the bits I've been putting aside including box for ADC VLM...

If you come across a review of the Mordaunt Short 'Pageant II' scan it for me Dave mi owd sausage, my mags don't go past 1973 :eyebrows:

DSJR
15-04-2011, 09:17
I don't think Dave's do either, but I'll have a look for ya...

Spectral Morn
15-04-2011, 10:00
Hi Alan

Welcome to AOS

Regards D S D L

trio leo
28-05-2011, 16:43
Used to always lust after the Trio one the best TT ever made
If you get the chance I think mist of us would like to see some pictures we a bit of nisy bunch here and I sure most of us will enjoy

Hi John I have downloaded pictures into 3 albums but I don't know how to get them anywhere else. regards Al

The Grand Wazoo
28-05-2011, 16:56
Try reading this (http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2) Alan.

trio leo
28-05-2011, 17:33
Thanks for the help, I have managed to open an account with photobucket and I have uploaded the pictures of my system , do you mean copy the img thing and then paste it into the welcome trio leo bit or do I go to post a new thread and put it in there? sorry to be so computer illiterate regards Al

The Grand Wazoo
28-05-2011, 17:38
Pictures of peoples systems usually go in the Gallery, which is here (http://theartofsound.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14).

You can start a new thread there.