PDA

View Full Version : Hey all

Trumpetman
14-04-2011, 13:04
Hey.

My name is Espen.
Im a music student, studying Orchestral- and solotrumpet. Im fairly new to speaker HiFi, though i have always cared about sound quality with my Inear headphones. Have now some custommade in ears from Starkey.

Was in London on study trip and went home with a set of B&W CM1 :lol:
Now looking for a integrated/power to use with a gatorized caiman I have chosen for dac/preamp. My room is about 14-15m2

I mostly like classical music like Mahler, Bruckner, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, and so on. But I also like to listen to older classical rock like Bryan adams, ToTo, M. Jackson, The Alan Parson Project, and last some instrumental Jazz.

So this is me

John
14-04-2011, 13:50
Hi Epsen
Welcome to AOS
Nice to have a musician here
Being a trumpet man I reckon if you ever get a chance here some horn speakers I think you might enjoy what they do

Alex_UK
14-04-2011, 15:00
Hi Espen, we've "talked" already, but nice to welcome you to AoS officially.

Good luck with the amp search, and enjoy the forum. :)

DSJR
14-04-2011, 19:57
Apologies, I can't think of anything worse to reproduce brass instruments than a horn speaker (no pun intended).... Actively driven ATC domes at full pelt did a convincing job though ;)

Reid Malenfant
14-04-2011, 20:22
Actively driven ATC domes at full pelt did a convincing job though ;)
I'd concur with that, actively driven Yamaha domes certainly cut the mustard with brass instruments ;)

Barry
14-04-2011, 20:41
Welcome to AoS Espen,

It's especially nice to welcome a musician to this forum and one with broad music tastes.

Regarding you amplifier enquiry, whilst I do not know the B&W CM1 design, I have a pair of B&W DM2A speakers and use them with a 150W/channel amplifier. Looking at the specification for your CM1s, it would seem that you would be best served with an amplifier of 50-100W/channel. A Quad 405-2 or a Quad 306 might suit. How much are you looking to spend?

Enjoy the forum

Regards