PDA

View Full Version : Sheffield calling!

dionisio
12-04-2011, 19:43
Hello,

Long time lurker, first time poster - thought I'd introduce myself.

Sheffield-based and relatively new to the hifi game... this will definitely be a good place for me to learn new tricks!

Kit so far:

1. Marantz PM6003, Rega P3-24 / Elyss 2, Electrocompaniet ECP-1 (soon), TDL Studio 0.5 floorstanders
2. Rotel 1062 (soon), Beresford Caiman DAC (Gator-aided), Leema Xen monitors
Cables: Mark Grant, Chord Odyssey.

Nice to (virtually) meet y'all!

Reid Malenfant
12-04-2011, 19:52
Hi Rob, welcome to AoS :) I see you are after some more MG cables, can't say i blame you as i can only praise the ones i happen to use 4191 So lets make this post 2 shall we :eyebrows:

What kind of music do you listen to? Standard question & it really doesn't matter what the answer is as we have broad tastes on here ;)

All the best to you anyway & i hope you enjoy your stay :cool:

YNWaN
12-04-2011, 19:54
Hello Rob and welcome - I also live in Sheffield

Rare Bird
12-04-2011, 19:57
Hi Rob
I'm not in Sheffield but next door in Rotherham ( but thankfully in the sticks of it)

dionisio
12-04-2011, 20:03
Music-wise, I like a lot of newer stuff - as I type listening to Holy F*** to push my new Transmission Lines ;) - and use things by Arcade Fire, These New Puritans and Wild Beasts as reference tracks... but also picked up some new (old) vinyl yesterday: Fleetwood Mac, Prince, R.E.M., The Shadows LPs. That's a little cross section! Thanks for the welcomes.

Spectral Morn
12-04-2011, 21:33
Welcome Rob to AOS

Have fun and enjoy yourself.

Regards D S D L

Alex_UK
12-04-2011, 21:34
Hi Rob, welcome to the madhouse! :) You know what we're all about from your voyeurism, so get stuck in, and pull up a comfy chair and make yourself at home. Most of us will be having a drink or two of an evening, so cheers if you are too! If not, it might help to have one before reading any of the posts after 11pm! :lol:

Enjoy!

stevied
13-04-2011, 13:23
Hello,

Long time lurker, first time poster - thought I'd introduce myself.

Sheffield-based and relatively new to the hifi game... this will definitely be a good place for me to learn new tricks!

Kit so far:

1. Marantz PM6003, Rega P3-24 / Elyss 2, Electrocompaniet ECP-1 (soon), TDL Studio 0.5 floorstanders
2. Rotel 1062 (soon), Beresford Caiman DAC (Gator-aided), Leema Xen monitors
Cables: Mark Grant, Chord Odyssey.

Nice to (virtually) meet y'all!

I am up and down to Sheffield quite a bit my lad is in Halam University

Welcome to the forum

regards Steve

jantheman
13-04-2011, 14:11
Went there once (1981) on an official visit while I was on HMS Sheffield (D80). One of the finest runs ashore I ever had. Came back on board in a nurses uniform.....dont ask cos I can't remember.......:lolsign:
Welcome to AOS...beware of the loonies.....:lol:

The Black Adder
13-04-2011, 19:06
Welcome from a fellow Sheffielder!

:)

Rare Bird
13-04-2011, 20:29
Went there once (1981) on an official visit while I was on HMS Sheffield (D80). One of the finest runs ashore I ever had.

Not a nice thing to bring up Ray, but were you on the HMS Sheffield at the time of the Falklands conflict?

jantheman
14-04-2011, 06:42
Not a nice thing to bring up Ray, but were you on the HMS Sheffield at the time of the Falklands conflict?
I don't see your problem Andre. The welcome we had in Sheffield was fantastic, whats wrong with saying so?
In answer to your last part of the question, I fail to see the relevance but, yes, and thats all I'm saying.

Alex_UK
14-04-2011, 11:39
I don't see your problem Andre. The welcome we had in Sheffield was fantastic, whats wrong with saying so?
In answer to your last part of the question, I fail to see the relevance but, yes, and thats all I'm saying.

I think Andre meant it wasn't a nice thing for him to bring up, re. the Falklands - I don't think he was suggesting it wasn't a nice thing for you to bring up, Ray, regarding the run ashore - or at least that's how I understood it. The problem with the written word, sometimes! :)

Rare Bird
14-04-2011, 11:41

As Alex pointed out you have the wrong end of the stick, so don't get touchy ;)

but forget it mate just making convo with the wrong bloke it seems

jantheman
14-04-2011, 12:29
I think Andre meant it wasn't a nice thing for him to bring up, re. the Falklands - I don't think he was suggesting it wasn't a nice thing for you to bring up, Ray, regarding the run ashore - or at least that's how I understood it. The problem with the written word, sometimes! :)

Thanks Alex...looking at it that way makes it read different from what I originally understood. Confusion cleared.

but forget it mate just making convo with the wrong bloke it seems
Your choice......

Marco
14-04-2011, 19:59
Ahem.... Can we leave it there, chaps, please? :)

Cheers :cool:

Marco.

Tim
14-04-2011, 22:23
Well speaking as an ex-navy boy as well Ray, I saw nothing wrong with your comment at all :scratch:

. . . and that's all I'm going to say
http://hopeseguin2010.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/speak-no-evil1.jpg

jantheman
15-04-2011, 07:49
Ahem.... Can we leave it there, chaps, please? :)

Cheers :cool:

Marco.

No worries...I'm cool...:cool: