PDA

View Full Version : Manufacturers Shoddy Service

MCRU
08-04-2011, 18:59
Does no OEM use e-mail's? Why does it take between 3 and 27 days to answer a bloody e-mail? 27 being the longest I have had to wait for recently.

The latest is Jeff Rowland group, yes there is a time difference cos they are in the USA but bl...y hell, don't they need the business? They cannot have 100's of messages to answer and I send my e-mails without any attachments or html so spam blocking does not stop them.

Annoys me intensely.

Marco
08-04-2011, 19:23
I feel your pain, dude. I too have a low tolerance threshold for ignorant f*ckwits, from a private or commercial background, who are too lazy, disinterested and/or disorganised to reply to their messages! :guns: :wanker:

Marco.

MartinT
08-04-2011, 22:23
Yep. Why publish an e-mail address if they're not going to answer it? So many companies lose an order before the first communication - because they don't.

Marco
08-04-2011, 22:38
Yep, for me, there's no acceptable excuse for anyone running a business not to reply to their messages (emails, voicemail - whatever) within 24 hours, max!

Marco.

Alex_UK
08-04-2011, 23:00
One of my favourite sayings, usually in an important meeting - "Why did nobody tell me we have a problem with communication!?"

The sad fact is, I learned very early on in my career that most business problems are caused by a lack of, or ineffective communication. Nearly 25 years later, nothing has changed! :doh:

Macca
09-04-2011, 08:12
One of my favourite sayings, usually in an important meeting - "Why did nobody tell me we have a problem with communication!?"

The sad fact is, I learned very early on in my career that most business problems are caused by a lack of, or ineffective communication. Nearly 25 years later, nothing has changed! :doh:

:lolsign: It's one of my favourite rants at work!

hifi_dave
09-04-2011, 08:38
I'm surprised to learn that Rowland are still in business. Not because of e-mails but I haven't heard anything of them for ten or more years. I thought they were long gone.

Some companies are notoriously bad in dealing with customers and/or dealers and is one good reason not to have them in the portfolio. When they can't be bothered to answer an e-mail, what are they going to be like when you have a problem :scratch:

DSJR
09-04-2011, 08:52
Good business sense (from me as well!) was severely lacking in the good-old-bad-old-days of the 80's and I reckon it's only lately, where audio-businesses are extremely hard-up on the whole (unless you're Naim where the custom is still seemingly self-generating to a degree), where the tougher ones are now "getting going :)"

I much prefer emails, as even now, I find "cold" phone calls difficult (and this from one who used to spend hours on the phone, much to my bosses' annoyance... - not a word Jazzbones :lol:).

Good luck with contacting Rowlands. It may be worth Googling up a few of their dealers and trying to get to them this way..

goraman
09-04-2011, 15:33
I believe the problem over here is they laid off the guy who answers the emails and the guy who cleans the building,mows the lawns and blows down the parking lot and one man is building amps on Monday,answering the phones and cleaning the toilets on Tuesday ect...
Customer service is often the first casualty of cut backs.

YNWaN
09-04-2011, 21:42
JR are definitely still in business - they are well into their expensive Class D amps these days (which I'm not particularly keen on).

Spectral Morn
09-04-2011, 22:14
Loved the sound of the early amplifiers Model One etc .....lovely. I was really heavily into valves then and would not listen to many solid state amps but the Model One was imho very good. I would still like one today.

I am these days slightly less wed to valves than I used to be :eek::) having been using a Meridian G02 pre and G56 power-amplifier combo for the last 6 months.

Regards D S D L

hifi_dave
10-04-2011, 08:33
JR are definitely still in business - they are well into their expensive Class D amps these days (which I'm not particularly keen on).

The last Class-D amp I tried, just a few weeks ago, was dire. A very expensive US integrated with favourable reviews but it wasn't for me. As with all such amps I have tried it sounds thin, hard, two dimensional and when you wind up the volume it gets nastier, not louder.

A couple of months ago, Noel Keywood provided some measurements and commented on Class-D performance where the distortion, in some instances, can be 10% or more. Very efficient topology but not that great in the fidelity stakes..:doh:

YNWaN
10-04-2011, 09:48
The last Class-D amp I tried, just a few weeks ago, was dire. A very expensive US integrated with favourable reviews but it wasn't for me. As with all such amps I have tried it sounds thin, hard, two dimensional and when you wind up the volume it gets nastier, not louder.

Yep, that pretty well describes my own feelings on the matter. In addition, they seem to have a kind of tonal 'whiteness' to the sound for me.

DSJR
10-04-2011, 11:04
When I first met HiFi dave more than twenty years ago, he had a Rowland amp on dem. very good by all accounts but it needed to be run for hours to "warm up" I remember.

Dave, that amp you recently disliked was a £5K ARC, wasn't it? - Don't be shy......;)

hifi_dave
10-04-2011, 11:50
When I first met HiFi dave more than twenty years ago, he had a Rowland amp on dem. very good by all accounts but it needed to be run for hours to "warm up" I remember.

Dave, that amp you recently disliked was a £5K ARC, wasn't it? - Don't be shy......;)

I couldn't possibly say but it was the polar opposite of their older designs. I can't believe how wrong it sounds..:rolleyes:

We stocked Rowland for a year or three when they were distributed by Gamepath and we did sell a few. At the time we were very heavily valve orientated and needed some good, high-end solid state alternative and the Rowland fitted the bill nicely. Then along came Levinson.

JazzBones
10-04-2011, 14:03
I much prefer emails, as even now, I find "cold" phone calls difficult (and this from one who used to spend hours on the phone, much to my bosses' annoyance... - not a word Jazzbones :lol:).

Thats why you ended up with one ear flatter than the other as well as a furrowed brow, mate :lol:

Jzzzzz..ring, ring!

DSJR
10-04-2011, 14:07
I've changed mate - in all ways from the 80's - both good and bad I reckon (I'd have to let wifey comment on that, but best not to eh?)

YNWaN
10-04-2011, 15:28
I believe JR produced Class A amps 20 years ago.

Spectral Morn
10-04-2011, 16:16
I believe JR produced Class A amps 20 years ago.

Model One and Model Two

http://kepkezelo.com/images/rxswjb2nmn1mvwuey9hu.jpg

Regards D S D L

Effem
10-04-2011, 17:01
Having spent a good number of years showing businesses how to be successful and profitable, I rendered all business activities into just four simple words:

"How would I feel?"

And there in those four words is the answer to every business problem, believe it or not.

Not rocket science is it? I might as well have attempted to teach a Goldfish to eat it's food with chopsticks than get everyone within a business to understand, comprehend and implement those four simple words.

MCRU
11-04-2011, 20:58
I took delivery of a model one a few weeks ago and it is great, even WITHOUT the matching consonance pre-amp which is 6-8 weeks away as it's module needs replacing, JR answered my e-mail eventually.

Frank, your philsophy is great, it reminds me of a slightly different subject, driving. The father in law told me this cos he used to be a driving instructor and it was sound advice.........read the road ahead...now next time an asylum seeker with no insurance driving his audi RS4 with the window down on his mobile cuts you up you can get out of your car and say those 4 words to him....:lolsign:

Spectral Morn
11-04-2011, 22:34
I took delivery of a model one a few weeks ago and it is great,

Lucky sod :( Yes its a great amplifier :)

Regards D S D L