PDA

View Full Version : Quad 306 Power Amplifier for sale

johnains
05-04-2011, 15:07
Quad 306 Power Amplifier for sale. I've had it since new and bought it in 1986. It was serviced by Quad in 1998 (Invoice available) and has not been used since 2000. Scratch along one side of case otherwise in good condition. Manual available. £150 + p&p. Photos attached. Location Sunbury-on-Thames, Middlesex.

John.

Neil McCauley
05-04-2011, 17:17
I sold many of these and they were utterly reliable. In my experience, produced a very reasonable sound. Your asking price is I feel very fair and were I in the market for a spare power amp of modest power then I'd snap this up like a shot. I still wonder why this is one of Quad's forgotten few. Doesn't seem fair really. Anyway, good luck!

Spectral Morn
05-04-2011, 18:52
Ad temporarily removed

Hi John

Can you pop into the Welcome part of the forum and say hello to us all, tell us a bit about yourself and your system/taste in music etc.

Unlike some forums, AOS's members and management team feel its somewhat rude to just join to sell things and make your first post such a one.

Regards D S D L

Mothman
05-04-2011, 19:13
Unlike some forums AOS's members and management team, feel its somewhat rude to just join to sell things and make your fist post such a one.

Regards D S D L

Well said that man

3780martin
06-04-2011, 07:26
I have just tried to send you a PM but the site is saying you have chosen mot to receive PMs
I would like to buy the 306
Please contact me by PM
thanks
martin

Marco
06-04-2011, 09:28
Hi Martin,

Welcome to AoS :)

John can't receive or send any PMs until he has made a minimum of 5 posts, as per standard procedure with all new members.

I notice that you haven't yet popped into the Welcome area to introduce yourself properly, by telling us about your system and music tastes. You also need to add your basic location to your profile.

Please attend to this on your next visit, as our site isn't simply for folk to buy and sell stuff for free (which, to date, is all you've done)! ;)

Marco.

Marco
06-04-2011, 09:35
Hi Neil,

Unlike some forums AOS's members and management team, feel its somewhat rude to just join to sell things and make your fist post such a one.

Indeed. And as per our policy, John's ad has been removed (and saved for restoring later) until he introduces himself in the Welcome area.

I must stress to everyone that AoS is not a free advertising site for every Tom, Dick and Harry to abuse as they wish!

Marco.

3780martin
06-04-2011, 10:18
Hello Marco
I apologise for not observing the rules and courtesy of the forum.Have now introduced myself
thanks
martin

Marco
06-04-2011, 10:29
No worries, Martin - much appreciated!

These things happen, but as AoS is a community of real people, all of which love music and hi-fi, I'm sure you understand that making some effort to actively participate in the community is not an unreasonable request :)

Otherwise, we may as well call it 'Free Hi-fi Exchange and Mart', and be done with it ;)

Marco.

P.S Where are you from?

Marco
08-04-2011, 21:05
Hi John,

Thanks for popping in and saying hello in the Welcome area. As promised, your ad has now been restored - good luck with the sale! :)

Marco.

johnains
08-04-2011, 22:00
Thanks Marco, and apologies for not reading the joining instructions properly!

In fairness to those of us who have transgressed in this way I think the necessity to make a welcoming statement could be more clearly identified in the registration process, particularly as this is not, sadly, a usual requirement. I'm sure none of us wilfully tried to flout the rules. Best wishes, John

Marco
08-04-2011, 22:32
Hi John,

No worries at all, mate, and point noted. We'll look into that :)

However, as I'm sure you'll agree, it's rather bad form to join a new forum and immediately start using its free advertising facilities, seemingly with no intention of doing anything else... ;)

I'm sure you understand that we have to nip that sort of thing in the bud, otherwise there would be no community left to speak of, and instead just a bunch of freeloaders taking whatever they can get for nothing!

However, all is now well, so I hope you stick around, participate in some of the discussions, and enjoy yourself :cool:

Marco.

Beechwoods
09-04-2011, 06:24
Thanks Marco, and apologies for not reading the joining instructions properly!

In fairness to those of us who have transgressed in this way I think the necessity to make a welcoming statement could be more clearly identified in the registration process, particularly as this is not, sadly, a usual requirement. I'm sure none of us wilfully tried to flout the rules. Best wishes, John

We do, John - all new members receive both an Email and PM welcoming them to the forum, with the following text, which we hoped would put people on the right track... :)

Before posting in the main areas of the forum, please pop into the Welcome area and say 'hello', giving your proper first name, basic location, system details and music tastes. We also ask that members add their first name to their signature...

Anyway, welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy it here now you've been initiated!

Marco
09-04-2011, 08:29
Ah, I forgot about that, Nick... Well, I guess there's no excuse then! ;)

Marco.

johnains
09-04-2011, 12:03
We do, John - all new members receive both an Email and PM welcoming them to the forum, with the following text, which we hoped would put people on the right track... :)

Before posting in the main areas of the forum, please pop into the Welcome area and say 'hello', giving your proper first name, basic location, system details and music tastes. We also ask that members add their first name to their signature...

Anyway, welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy it here now you've been initiated!

Very good, Nick, but unfortunately I have no record of receiving either. Anyway, thanks for the welcome to a very interesting site much of which is way over my head!. John

Marco
09-04-2011, 12:35
Hi John,

That's interesting and worth knowing - cheers!

Nick, that's something we need to check. Just a quick thought... how can new members receive a welcome PM when, as far as I know, their PM messaging system isn't activated until a minimum of 5 posts have been made......?

Marco.

Beechwoods
09-04-2011, 12:54
I'll check, but the same message is sent by email and PM so one way or another it should get through!

johnains
10-04-2011, 09:37
Quad 306 Power Amplifier for sale. I've had it since new and bought it in 1986. It was serviced by Quad in 1998 (Invoice available) and has not been used since 2000. Scratch along one side of case otherwise in good condition. Manual available. £150 + p&p. Photos attached. Location Sunbury-on-Thames, Middlesex.

John.

10/4 Now SOLD, John (How do you edit the original posting?)

Tim
10-04-2011, 09:53
If the EDIT button bottom right is no longer visible, you can no longer edit the post. I believe there is an editing time limit cut-off after your original post, not sure what it is, but I guess you have exceeded that?

Reid Malenfant
10-04-2011, 10:07
I believe there is an editing time limit cut-off after your original post, not sure what it is, but I guess you have exceeded that?
24 hours ;)

Tim
10-04-2011, 10:11
24 hours ;)
Thanks Mark

Marco
10-04-2011, 11:08

Hi John,

There is a time limit. If you want, I can edit it however you like, but there isn't really any need to as long as people know it's sold, as of course they will do, after reading this :)

Marco.

Beechwoods
11-04-2011, 06:24
Very good, Nick, but unfortunately I have no record of receiving either. Anyway, thanks for the welcome to a very interesting site much of which is way over my head!. John

Thanks John, and thanks for your comments about those missing comms :scratch: It turns out there was an, um, glitch in the matrix, but this has now been fixed... the email that new registrations now get will include a pointer to the Welcome area :eyebrows: Cheers for letting us know!