PDA

View Full Version : First Pics of our New Demo Room

audiosanctum
31-03-2011, 20:52
So here we have it, the first pics of our newly built demo room. We have a few finishing touches to do to it but it is pretyt much ready for visitors. When we have settled in a little better we will be setting up an open day and letting you all know about it if you are interested.

We are taking bookings for appointments so if you want to come over and have a listen to some XTZ, Cayin or Divine Acoustics equipment then just drop us a line or email us or PM us.

Our demo room is in Mansfield, Nottingham, just off Junction 28 of the M1.

http://www.audiosanctum.co.uk/images/stories/new%20orbis%20setsmall.jpg

This is a dedicated room that has been built to replicate the average living room. It is a comfortable stand alone log cabin that is 4m by 5m located next to our storage facility. It is the place where we test and trial all of the products we sell, if we don't like what we hear in this room then you won't see it on our site. If there is a product you would like to have a listen to then simply call us or email us to arrange an appointment. You can either bring your own equipment with you to make sure your current system matches with what you have in mind or alternatively we will set up a full system for you based on your taste.

We have all of the products on the site available for demo so just give us a call, just let us know what you want to have a listen to and when you want to come over and we will set it up for you.

Being located in Mansfield, near Nottingham, just off Junction 28 of the M1 we are exactly in the middle of the UK making it easily accessible. Want to come on the train? No problem, we will collect you from the train station, just give us a call when you arrive and we will collect you. We are literally 5 minutes away from the Mansfield train station.

While you are here you can make yourself at home, listening to the music you have brought with you. You will not feel rushed in any way and we will keep you supplied with plenty of tea or coffee and biscuits. When you listen to music you want to be relaxed so we will make sure everything is in place for you before you arrive so all you need to do is take a seat and enjoy.

So whether you want to listen to a pair of interconnects or a full system or anything inbetween contact us now to arrange a demo suitable to you.

audiosanctum
31-03-2011, 20:58
http://www.audiosanctum.co.uk/images/new%20orbis%20set%202small.jpg

MCRU
04-04-2011, 19:05
What's the turntable you have there then guys?

aquapiranha
04-04-2011, 20:04
Now THAT is the kind of shed I have in mind for the garden... :lol:

Really though it looks great, I wish you every success.

Tim
04-04-2011, 20:08
That looks rather inviting Shaun, do you rent it out for weekends ;)

Best of luck too, I have been thinking about a trial of your XTZ power amp too, so when I have sorted what I am doing I will give you a shout - as you no doubt know, they have been well received here.

Marco
04-04-2011, 20:24
Kind of reminds me though of a sauna - all that's missing is....... Ah, best not go there! :eyebrows:

Marco.

P.S Are there actually no windows in the room at all?

audiosanctum
04-04-2011, 21:32
What's the turntable you have there then guys?

It's an old Thorens TD160 ;)

Really though it looks great, I wish you every success.

Thanks Steve, we are really happy with the look and sound of it.

That looks rather inviting Shaun, do you rent it out for weekends ;)

Best of luck too, I have been thinking about a trial of your XTZ power amp too, so when I have sorted what I am doing I will give you a shout - as you no doubt know, they have been well received here.

Sadly no rentals, I have to keep it reserved for when I'm in the dog house! ;) Just give us a shout when you are ready for dem of the AP-100 either come over to us or we can send one over to you, it's your call. I know there are few guys on here who like XTZ stuff, the brand is slowly starting to get the respect it deserves.

P.S Are there actually no windows in the room at all?

Yeah there are windows behind the photographer so there is a nice light airy feel to it during the day and we can make it more private with the soft furnishings we have in place.

We are just waiting for some screen printed acoustic panels to be made for the front wall and it will will complete. :band: :cheers:

Butuz
04-04-2011, 21:34
That looks very nice Shaun. Now when can I move in????

Butuz

Tim
04-04-2011, 21:36
That looks very nice Shaun. Now when can I move in????

Butuz
Hey............ join the line ;)

audiosanctum
04-04-2011, 21:41
At least I know if the Hi-Fi business dries up I have alternative business options!!!

Marco
04-04-2011, 21:56
Hi Shaun,

Yeah there are windows behind the photographer so there is a nice light airy feel to it during the day and we can make it more private with the soft furnishings we have in place.

Ah, then if I were you, I'd take some photographs showing the windows, as if you don't mind me saying, from the pics you've taken so far, it looks decidedly the opposite from 'light and airy', and if truth be told, more than a little claustrophobic.... I have visions of it being boiling in there during the summer months!! :eek:

'Light and airy' isn't an effect that’s coming across in the current photos, at least not to my eyes. No offence intended - it's just a little constructive criticism that hopefully may help :)

We are just waiting for some screen printed acoustic panels to be made for the front wall and it will will complete

Nice one. That's a nice touch which I'm sure will work well :cool:

Marco.

The Grand Wazoo
04-04-2011, 22:12
This is a dedicated room that has been built to replicate the average living room. It is a comfortable stand alone log cabin that is 4m by 5m located next to our storage facility. It is the place where we test and trial all of the products we sell, if we don't like what we hear in this room then you won't see it on our site.

Interesting.
May I ask what factors you took into account when specifying it?

audiosanctum
04-04-2011, 22:15
Ah, then if I were you, I'd take some photographs showing the windows, as if you don't mind me saying, from the pics you've taken so far, it looks decidedly the opposite from 'light and airy', and if truth be told, more than a little claustrophobic.... I have visions of it being boiling in there during the summer months!! :eek:

Thanks for the suggestion, point taken on board. We have a YouTube channel so when it's complete we will do a video of the cabin. If it does get hot in the summer (that's if we get one this year) then we will be putting an aircon unit in to make it more comfortable.

audiosanctum
04-04-2011, 22:20
Interesting.
May I ask what factors you took into account when specifying it?

The main factor was it had to be close to the average living room size so we can try and replicate the sort of environment most people would be listening to music in. It won't be the sort of size everyone is used to but I think for most it won't be far off. With the acoustic panels in place the acoustics are close if not slightly better than a living rooms acoustics however these can easily be removed if preferred.

The Grand Wazoo
04-04-2011, 22:25
Thanks for that. So would you say that the panels you've installed turn what is essentially a small American room (in terms of construction) into an average UK room?

audiosanctum
04-04-2011, 22:53
No I'd say what we have done is turned an office log cabin into a dedicated Hi-Fi room and used the acoustic panels supplied by Advanced Acoustics to make it a much more suitable environment for enjoying music in.

The size that we have opted for meant it was close to dimensions people have to contend with in their own home. The aim is to show that with the correct setup and a little focus on acoustic treatment it is possible to get a great sound without the common problems that come with a room that size such as bass build up and room modes.

The cabin is constructed from 45mm slow grown softwood which sits on a sub frame then has an insulated floor and acoustic floor tiles between that and the wooden Tongue and groove floor. The roof is 20mm Tongue and groove.

The Grand Wazoo
04-04-2011, 23:03
OK, I just thought that perhaps the construction method and materials would have had an equal or possibly greater influence on the results you achieve than the size of the room. The acoustics achieved in timber based American style housing are often different from UK brick builds.

Butuz
05-04-2011, 00:03
Hey............ join the line ;)

Don't worry I am allowed to jump the queue because I bought the power amp from Shaun. Now if you go ahead and place an order for an AP-100 tomorrow - I'll let you back in front of me ;)

Butuz

audiosanctum
05-04-2011, 07:35
OK, I just thought that perhaps the construction method and materials would have had an equal or possibly greater influence on the results you achieve than the size of the room. The acoustics achieved in timber based American style housing are often different from UK brick builds.

The construction will have some influence on the sound of the room but the size of a room has a greater influence in that it will affect the rooms modal response.

The first thing we would ask when someone wants advice on room treatment is the size of the room and then the construction.

The Grand Wazoo
05-04-2011, 07:40
The construction will have some influence on the sound of the room but the size of a room has a greater influence in that it will affect the rooms modal response.

OK - interesting, thanks.

audiosanctum
14-04-2011, 17:30
A few more images of the demo room

http://www.audiosanctum.co.uk/images/stories/p1000376.jpg

http://www.audiosanctum.co.uk/images/stories/p1000374.jpg

Video soon to come ;)

Marco
14-04-2011, 18:19
Lol - oh look, it's a big garden shed! :lol:

;)

Only joking, Shaun... It's certainly a novel idea, though!

Like you said before, I think you'll need to put some air-con in there, for during the summer months (and we usually do get a few weeks where it gets pretty warm), otherwise i'll get like an oven in there....

Unless you want folk stripping off to stay cool! :eek:

Do you get many women coming to visit? :eyebrows:

Marco.

Reid Malenfant
14-04-2011, 18:36
Isn't the whole thing kind of well - flexible :scratch: I mean i know modern houses are made out of what appears to be a few sheets of paper stuck together but thank the lord i live in a solid brick built house with concrete floors :eyebrows:

I'd expect a good deal of the bass impact to be swallowed up by the walls, floor & ceiling sapping it up by vibrating in sympathy, perhaps i'm a mile off the mark though as obviously you get to hear it & i don't ;)

The Grand Wazoo
14-04-2011, 19:38
Apparently construction is less important than the room size, Mark............

Reid Malenfant
14-04-2011, 19:43
Apparently construction is less important than the room size, Mark............
I'd have thought the two would go hand in hand Chris ;) A bigger room means a lower frequency where bass lumps & room modes occur. Then you need things to be structurally stronger i'd have thought...

Ah well what do i know :scratch:

audiosanctum
14-04-2011, 20:07
Like you said before, I think you'll need to put some air-con in there, for during the summer months (and we usually do get a few weeks where it gets pretty warm), otherwise i'll get like an oven in there....

Unless you want folk stripping off to stay cool! :eek:

Do you get many women coming to visit? :eyebrows:

Marco.

Air-con is on the shopping list and will be with us shortly.

Perhaps a nudist demo room could be a niche market, extremely small market but a niche one!!

Lol - oh look, it's a big garden shed! :lol:

:( it's not a shed it's a log cabin, there's a difference!!

I'd expect a good deal of the bass impact to be swallowed up by the walls, floor & ceiling sapping it up by vibrating in sympathy

Don't you worry we get plenty of controlled bass in that place. ;)

Then you need things to be structurally stronger i'd have thought...

Have you seen the construction of modern buildings, 3x2 with 12mm plasterboard. This cabin we have built is constructed from 48mm slow grown/dense pine, built on a solid substructure with some extra gubbins under the floor. Admitedly we do get some vibration through the floor but it is soooo much better than the room we had before this.

howlindawg
14-04-2011, 20:15
Looks great to me, ten out of ten for thinking ouside of the box.

Sales staff seem relaxed!

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/7545/saunaf.jpg (http://img850.imageshack.us/i/saunaf.jpg/)

Reid Malenfant
14-04-2011, 20:17
Have you seen the construction of modern buildings
Yes, that's why i'm extremely happy to be living in a Victorian one :D

Fair enough, i couldn't comment further without actually listening in there & that's about as likely as me winning the lottery (which i don't do as i don't gamble) :)

Good luck with the rather unusual showroom ;)

Marco
14-04-2011, 20:23
Looks great to me, ten out of ten for thinking ouside of the box.

Sales staff seem relaxed!

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/7545/saunaf.jpg (http://img850.imageshack.us/i/saunaf.jpg/)

I like the uniforms, too!

:lolsign:

Marco.

audiosanctum
14-04-2011, 20:53
:bulb: