PDA

View Full Version : Such jealousy!

greendriver
28-03-2011, 20:34
I had to go with a friend to help pick up some inherited equipment yesterday

We had no idea what it was until we got there....the widow just wanted it to go to a good home...

So we ended up removing the following:
Quad 405-2 (I used to have one of these)
Quad 34
Quad FM4
Ruark floorstanders
cheap sansui equalizer

I had to hide my envy as my mate inherited the lot....

Thing Fish
28-03-2011, 22:06
Wow inherited free. Lucky bugger.

Alex_UK
28-03-2011, 22:13
Not being greedy, but just a Radio as a source? No gramophone? Still, gift horse - mouth - and all that. Hope he enjoys his newly acquired system, despite the inevitable sadness that the original owner is no longer around to enjoy it.

jandl100
29-03-2011, 07:13
Hope he enjoys his newly acquired system, despite the inevitable sadness that the original owner is no longer around to enjoy it.

Aye, you can't take it with you.:(

But I'm working on a Plan .... I think I'll be buried with my MBL speakers, like those Pharoahs buried with a fully fitted out palace! :eyebrows:

Alex_UK
29-03-2011, 10:24
Aye, you can't take it with you.:(

But I'm working on a Plan .... I think I'll be buried with my MBL speakers, like those Pharoahs buried with a fully fitted out palace! :eyebrows:

My wife has often joked that she'll have a coffin made for me that looks like a speaker! Mini-T would fit in there quite easily, so could be a plan!

WAD62
29-03-2011, 11:04
My wife has often joked that she'll have a coffin made for me that looks like a speaker! Mini-T would fit in there quite easily, so could be a plan!

You could even run the mini-t off a battery...'Going Underground' by the Jam perhaps ;)

I used to play cricket with a Jamaican lad Jerry, lovely bloke but a bit of a 'rake' shall we say, his hedonistic lifestyle contributed to his early demise...

At his funeral all the members of the local west indian club (he used to run the bar) had contributed towards a wreath...A perfect rendition of a pint of stella, with a white head, and stella written across in lilies, the entire size of the coffin lid...that's going out in style :)

The soundsystem at the wake was something to behold :eyebrows: