PDA

View Full Version : Inconvenient Internet 'crap-out'

Barry
25-03-2011, 16:12
Did any members whoes internet provider is BT Yahoo experience trouble about 10:30 this morning?

I logged on at about 10:20, read my e-mails and looked at the BBC News website. Whilst reading a news item I clicked on to a BBC film clip. The clip didn't seem to want to download and eventually suggested I "try again later". Other clickable entries worked OK, but when I left the BBC News website and clicked onto eBay I was told "cannot display this page". And no other sites in my 'favourites' would work, nor the BBC site.

Restarted my computer but this time could not get connected to the web. Logged out, shutdown and started again. Still no joy. A diagnosis of the problem told me that a firewall was preventing me connecting with the web (?).

Gave up in disgust and with extreme annoyance; I had intended to bid on eBay for an item with an auction end time of 10:43! (I'm a last minute bidder.)

Not only that, but I couldn't log on to my favourite site: leatherclad_dominatrix.com (Nah! - only kidding)

Everything seems OK now.

Reid Malenfant
25-03-2011, 16:29
It has been fine all day for me Barry, i'm using BT internet as well so i guess it must be a localised phenomenon :scratch:

WAD62
25-03-2011, 16:47
I'm on sky and I couldn't get on to leatherclad_dominatrix.com either, so it must be a problem with...Oh no what have I said! ;)

Marco
26-03-2011, 22:20
Not only that, but I couldn't log on to my favourite site: leatherclad_dominatrix.com (Nah! - only kidding)

Tabatha sends her love ;)

Marco.

Barry
26-03-2011, 22:31
Tabatha sends her love ;)

Marco.

Thanks for that Marco. I feel better now about missing out on the eBay auction.

Regards

Jac Hawk
26-03-2011, 23:27
Yes I did but it was the AOS site that wouldn't load up for me, If you are with BT for your broadband, they were making some adjustments to the network this morning and early afternoon, which ment that certain sites were unavailable to certain customers and some customers may have experience a slow service, it's fixed now though

Thing Fish
26-03-2011, 23:32
No iphone or Android for those last minute bids...?

BTH K10A
26-03-2011, 23:51
Yes I did but it was the AOS site that wouldn't load up for me, If you are with BT for your broadband, they were making some adjustments to the network this morning and early afternoon, which ment that certain sites were unavailable to certain customers and some customers may have experience a slow service, it's fixed now though

I couldn't connect to the live timing for this mornings F1 qualifying (06:00). Thought it was an F1 site problem but it seems to have happened to a few BT broadband users.

I think I'll try it now to see if I can connect. Hopefully it'll be ok for the race.

Barry
27-03-2011, 01:25
No iphone or Android for those last minute bids...?

No. I'm usually OK and successful with my present arrangement, i.e. my PC. Possibly a naive dependance, but it has worked well for me so far.

Regards