PDA

View Full Version : Studio reel-to-reel player/recorder - Mechlabor STM-610

vencel
25-03-2011, 10:13
Hello,

I am selling my Mechlabor STM-610 professional studio reel-to-reel player/recorder. It is in fully working and cosmetically very nice condition.
It is huge and heavy, weighting approximately 80kgs.
These are quite rare to find nowadays. Mechalbor studio equipment is built for a lifetime and are very reliable.
It comes with a very detailed manual (unfortunately only in Russian or Hungarian language) which included all electrical diagrams and schematics, as well as some cables and spare reels, toold for the maintenance and special oil for it.

Asking price is EUR 1.200 which includes the STM-610 and its console and the above detailed accessories.

Shipment can be organized by me or the buyer and upon serios request I will get a shipment quote from DPD.

vencel
07-04-2011, 08:52
Some additional information about the recorder can be found here:
http://www.stm.hu/termekek/termekek_stm600_angol.htm

vencel
12-04-2011, 07:23
As I see not many people are interested in this masterpiece. I understand it because Mechlabor is quite unknown in Western Europe, but it is famous in post Soviet Union countries. The company (Mechlabor) sold around 10.000 pieces of this studio equipment besides their turntables (SL-100, SL-101 and SL-102) and other reel to reel players/recoreders.
Mechlabor was developing and manufacturing products for the army (communication systems) then they started to manufacture studio equipment. Mechlabor's know-how was so important for the country that it was protected by army day and night.
Mechlabor still exists and as I know they are one of the few companies who still manufacture reel to reel equipment so spare parts are still available. These units are built for a lifetime.
Should you have any questions or should you need additional photos just let me know and I'll do my best to answer them.

Beechwoods
12-04-2011, 09:15
It looks like a lovely machine László. It's possible that it's size and concerns about shipping such a big item might be limiting some of the interest you will get from this island :)

Good luck with your sale. It may take a while, but I hope you are sucessful in your quest for a buyer.

vencel
16-04-2011, 09:57
Hello Nick,

Thanks for your kind comment. You are right, that was also my "fear" that due to its size and weight people would not show interest in it. But if they'd know how good this machine is they would take this "risk".
I was thinking that if people are willing to put the extra effort to organize a shipment for an EMT 948, then why not to do it with a professional studio reel-to-reel unit.

I love this machine but dur to its size I cannot keep it in my apartment so I cannot listen to it :-( If nobody will be interested then I'll keep it until I can move to a house where I would have a separate listening room :-)

The Black Adder
16-04-2011, 10:19
NICE! Alas Ibought my RT-909 back. But would love a proper studio unit...

vencel
11-05-2011, 15:11
NICE! Alas Ibought my RT-909 back. But would love a proper studio unit...

Well, this is still for sale. One of the good things about this studio machine is that I can still supply you spare parts. Not that it would need any but if one would like to have a spare recording head for example it is still available.
It can be upgraded with a VU meter for a small extra charge.

I love this machine but it is too big for my current apartment.