PDA

View Full Version : Technics 12XX: Voltage and current requirements?

Epicurus
22-03-2011, 09:46
OK guys, I'll need some information here... What are the voltage and current requirements of the SL-12XX Mk2? A friend of mine who is an electrician wants to explore the option of making an external PSU for his own and, if it works out well, we might end up fitting something like that to mine (otherwise, I'll consider other options, such as a Timestep or a customized Trichord Never-Connected or a Paul Hynes).

chris@panteg
26-03-2011, 12:25
Hi Konstantinos

Can i suggest you try removing the onboard psu and placing (safely) in a separate case as a starting point ! You may be surprised at this :)

Epicurus
26-03-2011, 12:28
Well yes, but, if memory still serves me correctly, I asked a certain question, not if I can take the existing PSU out of the deck's chassis.

chris@panteg
26-03-2011, 13:26
Yes indeed , well Paul Hynes is probably your man for this question :)

jonners
26-03-2011, 21:38
OK guys, I'll need some information here... What are the voltage and current requirements of the SL-12XX Mk2? A

The voltage requirements are easily obtained from the schematic (available on the VE forum). I made some current measurements myself: http://theartofsound.net/forum/showpost.php?p=20744&postcount=7