PDA

View Full Version : Play.com...whats going on

jantheman
18-03-2011, 08:43
In the past I have used Play.com for many a cd/dvd purchase but lately I have found their service has been going down the pan. 2 recently purchased items never arrived and they are advertising stock when they dont have any. As far as the non arrivals are concerned I suppose theres always a question over the mail service but I get the distinct impression after talking to them that they are aware that these were never sent...although they wont admit to that one.
Anyone else having issues?

MartinT
18-03-2011, 08:54
I gave up on Play.com many years ago. Amazon take some beating and remain my supplier of choice.

hifi_dave
18-03-2011, 10:26
I use Badlands, to be found on E-Bay. They are reasonably priced or inexpensive, speedy and really nice people to deal with.

Zoidburg
22-03-2011, 07:06
The last thing I ordered on play just before xmas turned out to be out of stock and Play could'nt tell me when it would be back in again. I've not used them since but that mainly because iv not bought much in the way of blurays or DVDs. I will give them another try though as before they have always provided great service.

Yiangos
22-03-2011, 07:23
Ray,i've been buying dvds and cds from Play.com for many years now and never had any problems both with their availabilty and delivery.Only once i had a problem and had to send a dvd back twice,and twice play.com refunted the postage i paid to ship it from Cyprus to their location. The only gripe i have with play.com is with their "customer support" department,specifically with their people.Where do they get those people ? I spoke with them 3 times.One time there was a woman whose English made mine seem like was a university teacher,the second was a "cockney" i couldn't understand a word he was saying and the third was another woman i could put my hand on fire she is mentally handicaped ! lol