PDA

View Full Version : Different skin?

Reid Malenfant
16-03-2011, 21:19
I think i may well have worked out what is causing me to have what might be occular migraines (http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8622) :) It's looking at my PC with the bright page compared to the dark background of my PC.

I'm pretty sure it's this that is causing them. The first time it happened back in November 2010 i was watching something on the TV but the PC screen was still going & no doubt it was this site. A few days ago i had my second freak out & i was searching stuff on fleabay (nice white screen).. Well i had the bugger again yesterday & as soon as i noticed it i went & did something else entirely & it kind of petered out in a short time..

I know different skins are available for VBulletin software, is there a chance some nice kind admin can add this to the site, IE a choice of skins of different colours so i don't have to restrict my time on the site? A darker background with brighter letters would be great..

I have been on VBulletin sites where skins can be changed so i know it's definately possible.. If you are wondering why i haven't been online so much you now know why :eyebrows:

Ali Tait
16-03-2011, 21:30
Funny you should say, I had an attack today at work, first time in about six months. Rather annoying as we were looking at some drawings and I couldn't see them properly, due to all the kaleidoscope stuff going on. Very trippy!

Marco
16-03-2011, 21:39
Hi Mark,

Sorry to hear you've been a bit out of sorts recently, but we're here to help! :)

I certainly have no problems with what you suggest, although implementing it would be down to our techy whizzes Nick (Beechwoods) or Rob (Filterlab), so talk nicely to them, dude ;)

Marco.

Reid Malenfant
16-03-2011, 21:47
It appears that i probably don't have a problem in the evening as i have a drink or so :eyebrows: It's the daytime when i'm straight that problems occur :scratch:

Things look ok right now but in all honesty i'd rather not push the boat out so to speak. A skin change will probably allow me to get back to logging in earlier with little or no problems, as myself & Mike (Jac Hawk) both moderate the AV room this would of course be very helpful to me :cool:

Funny that a drink stops me hallucinating :D

Honestly though it's not nice when you are straight to have seriously messed up & psychedelic vision :rolleyes:

Reid Malenfant
16-03-2011, 21:52
Hi Mark,

Sorry to hear you've been a bit out of sorts recently, but we're here to help! :)

I certainly have no problems with what you suggest, although implementing it would be down to our techy whizzes Nick (Beechwoods) or Rob (Filterlab), so talk nicely to them, dude ;)

Marco.
Will do chap, no idea what brought this on but i'm not keen on tripping when i haven't taken anything & don't expect it :lolsign: Close my eyes & it's still there, i'm sure Ali will agree it aint too much fun..

ATB Marco :)

Alex_UK
16-03-2011, 21:55
Sorry to hear this, Mark. :( I'm sure the lads will sort it if they can. :)

The Vinyl Adventure
16-03-2011, 22:13
... Ha, just this morning I was playing with the colours of this forum in google developer tools ...

Beechwoods
17-03-2011, 07:05
I'll look into the logistics and get back to you.

Ali Tait
17-03-2011, 07:51
No, not much fun Mark, especially when you are walking around a 275kV sub station and can't see properly!
I'm glad they are only a rare occurence for me.

Filterlab
17-03-2011, 10:04
...I know different skins are available for VBulletin software, is there a chance some nice kind admin can add this to the site, IE a choice of skins of different colours so i don't have to restrict my time on the site? A darker background with brighter letters would be great..

I have been on VBulletin sites where skins can be changed so i know it's definately possible.. If you are wondering why i haven't been online so much you now know why :eyebrows:

...implementing it would be down to our techy whizzes Nick (Beechwoods) or Rob (Filterlab), so talk nicely to them, dude ;)

Following your suggestion Mark, we're both on it right now and will be working on it over the next few days. Watch this space (but with the brightness turned down for now). ;)

Reid Malenfant
17-03-2011, 18:13
Cheers Rob & Nick :) Very much appreciated, of course it'd be better if i can find out exactly why this has started happening anyway all of a sudden? :scratch:

:confused:

Rare Bird
18-03-2011, 12:19
Anyone got a new body mines acting up before time.

Reid Malenfant
20-03-2011, 18:58
Anyone got a new body mines acting up before time.
:lolsign: We are all unfortunately getting there andr'e :(

I'd just like to say a big thank you to Nick & Rob & whoever else was involved in setting the site up with a second skin :cheers: I have just found the setting change in the usual place, bottom left hand corner of the forum main page :)

Must admit i like the "evening style", so much easier on my eyes!

Brilliant guys, thanks a million, i can now log in again in the mornings :cool:

Beechwoods
20-03-2011, 19:32
Ey up!! It's in 'public beta' at the moment which means it's subject to tweaking, and comments are welcome. I'm glad you spotted it :)

Rob did most of the work, and came up with the colour scheme, I just sorted out the Babylon bit (getting the Google Ads sorted :rolleyes:).

Glad you like it Mark.

Reid Malenfant
20-03-2011, 19:38
Google Ads? I can't see any probably due to me using Adblock :eyebrows:

Yes, much easier on the eyes thanks :) Make sure Rob knows i'm greatful ;)