PDA

View Full Version : Spotify on Squeezebox

Ashmore
14-03-2011, 22:06
I've been struggling to get any feedback over on the (normally very good) SB forums, so I thought I'd try my luck here...

So I have a touch and latest software, a premium account and the official spotify app... but I can hardly ever get a sound out of spotify. When I select a track there's a delay of 30 seconds minimum and then I get maybe half a second and then some rebuffering. It's unusable.

Were it not for the fact that I use offline mode and download to my android for playing on the daily commute I'd have cancelled by now.

Does anyone have any clues as to what's going on? I can't believe it's a inernet thing as radio is so stable. Also I can't seem to find a button that lets me download to squeezebox in offline mode as I do with my android. Have I missed something obvious or is this feature not supported?

Thanks in advance to anyone able to help!

Stratmangler
14-03-2011, 22:18
I have played with the Spotify plugin on SBS and for me it just worked.
Actually, it didn't just work, it worked fantastically well.
The only thing is that I don't have a premium account, so I don't currently use the plugin - I logged into a friend's account (with permission) in order to try it out.

My internet isn't the fastest either - http://www.speedtest.net/result/1201933659.png

Ashmore
14-03-2011, 22:25
Show off ;)

... your experience adds weight to my suspicion that there's something amis with my system somewhere. Maybe I'll do a factory reset on the Touch or force it into a software upgrade or something...

Stratmangler
14-03-2011, 23:54
From what I can see, the official plugin only works from mysqueezebox.com , not the Squeezebox Server client.
There is the unofficial plugin from Triode way down the listings on the plugins page - give that a whirl, 'cos it's that one that worked sweetly last time I played with it.