PDA

View Full Version : Alex a mod

Jonboy
13-03-2011, 00:23
As us mere mortals can't respond to Alex's new position as a mod i'll start a new thread,

I'm pleased for you congrats and all that,

Jonboy
13-03-2011, 00:30
Looks like too many chief's not enough indians ;)

Thats local government for you

Alex_UK
13-03-2011, 00:31
Thanks Jon - I did used to own a Vespa and a parker when I was 16, but I thought I'd got away with it! :)

I can't reply to that thread either, as I'm only very slightly immortal (not sure that's possible, but you know what I mean!) so thanks for the other messages.

In reality, I'm doing some work on the AoS Spotify account which will be launched soon, and also because of the complexities of Spotify, AoS needs a Facebook account too, which will also be another window for us to present our wares to the outside world, as well as extend the way the AoS community works.

In other words, don't expect anything to change on the AoS forum on my account, or for me to suddenly start behaving myself! :lol:

Welder
13-03-2011, 00:39
Facebook ffs! Yer avin a larf son! :steam:

“or for me to suddenly start behaving myself! ”

Pah, you aint naughty, you eat custard creams :ner:

Jonboy
13-03-2011, 00:39
In other words, don't expect anything to change on the AoS forum on my account, or for me to suddenly start behaving myself! :lol:

Glad to hear it

Marco
13-03-2011, 00:40
Amusing only the Admin Mods repling over there fkin dic eds, amazing how dis organised this fora is

Looks like too many chief's not enough indians once again ;)

Lol! How many sherbets have you had tonight? :lol:

The Noticeboard is a managment only area for good reason, quite simply as it exists purely to make quick (usually important) announcements. To allow general comments there from members would dilute and devalue the purpose of the Noticeboard.

If people wish to comment on the contents of any announcements made there, then the procedure is to start a separate thread, such as Jon has done... :)

Anyway, Alex, good luck with your new venture! :cool:

Marco.

Jonboy
13-03-2011, 00:42

I havn't got one of those either, too many ex's :eek:

aquapiranha
13-03-2011, 00:44
Nice one Alex, I hope it improves your taste in music... just kidding! :lol:

Jonboy
13-03-2011, 00:45
If people wish to comment on the contents of any announcements, then the procedure is to start a separate thread, such as John has done :)

Marco.

If you are talking to me it's Jon no "H" as in Jonathan

Marco
13-03-2011, 00:47
Yeah, soz mate - typo! Now amended :)

Marco.

Rare Bird
13-03-2011, 00:48

:lolsign:

Alex_UK
13-03-2011, 00:49

It has its uses - mainly keeping my wife quiet so I can stay on here every night and she can't call the kettle black!

I do agree that Facebook divides opinion, but as in everything in life, you have a choice. ;) Like it or not, though, I doubt it will be disappearing any time soon...

Rare Bird
13-03-2011, 00:53
It has its uses

:scratch:

Stratmangler
13-03-2011, 00:57
It has its uses - mainly keeping my wife quiet so I can stay on here every night and she can't call the kettle black!

I do agree that Facebook divides opinion, but as in everything in life, you have a choice. ;) Like it or not, though, I doubt it will be disappearing any time soon...

Don't you two talk, or get up to summat else ?:eyebrows:
Ackcherly, you've got Avatar, so I suppose "summat else" is off the cards these days;)

Welder
13-03-2011, 01:00
Awww, thats wicked :doh:

Alex_UK
13-03-2011, 01:00
:scratch:

1. Seeing how ugly that bird you (luckily) dumped 15 years ago turned out to be
2. Avoiding speaking to your parents every week "but mum, I put a Facebook status up saying I'd broken my leg, didn't you read it?"
3. I rather like that Bejeweled game, though it's more addictive than crack
4. It makes you realise you're not the only one who shouldn't be allowed near their PC after a skinful
5. Um, I'm struggling now! :lol:

Alex_UK
13-03-2011, 01:05
Don't you two talk

Of course, she Facebooks me from the other side of the sofa!

or get up to summat else ?

I have propositioned her more than once via Facebook!...

Ackcherly, you've got Avatar

...and just as we get down to it, Avatar wakes up! :doh:

:lol:

She says she wants another one, I think she'd better start praying for an immaculate conception!

The Vinyl Adventure
13-03-2011, 01:06
Good to see the spotify thing is gonna get going properly ...
Facebooks alright, gets a lot of jip, but it has it's uses ... I keep in touch with people through it ... I have a mate in Denver who I talk to using it sometimes ... It's the people who run imaginary farms on it I worry about!!

Stratmangler
13-03-2011, 01:07
Of course, she Facebooks me from the other side of the sofa!

I have propositioned her more than once via Facebook!...

...and just as we get down to it, Avatar wakes up! :doh:

:lol:

She says she wants another one, I think she'd better start praying for an immaculate conception!

:D

Marco
13-03-2011, 01:10
2. Avoiding speaking to your parents every week "but mum, I put a Facebook status up saying I'd broken my leg, didn't you read it?"

Your parents know what Facebook is?? Mine have only just mastered decimalisation!! :eyebrows:

Marco.

Alex_UK
13-03-2011, 01:11
It's the people who run imaginary farms on it I worry about!!

I agree - BUT - more women than men now play computer games - largely because of Farmsbilge etc. - In my book that is a good thing, 'cos they can't have a go at us now for playing Call of Duty all night... :)

Jac Hawk
13-03-2011, 01:14
Amusing only the Admin Mods repling over there fkin dic eds, amazing how dis organised this fora is

Looks like too many chief's not enough indians once again ;)

I cant post there either mate, there's a peckin order don't cha know, anyway congrats Alex i'm sure whatever it is your gonna be doin will be great, personally i hate facebook with a passion, and for the wrongs i've made in past lives i'm forced to work in Sunderland which officially has more facebook members than any other town on the planet:eek:

Alex_UK
13-03-2011, 01:23
Just to clarify, there are no "big plans" for AoS and Facebook, mainly as a result of the way Spotify works, it has to be linked to Facebook if you want to explore the "social" side of it - for some people that will be fine, for others a no-go area - which is equally fine, so no need for anyone to get their knickers in a twist over it. :)

colinB
13-03-2011, 01:25
1. Seeing how ugly that bird you (luckily) dumped 15 years ago turned out to be
3. I rather like that Bejeweled game, though it's more addictive than crack
4. It makes you realise you're not the only one who shouldn't be allowed near their PC after a skinful
5. Um, I'm struggling now! :lol:

Most definetly agree with point one.

Welder
13-03-2011, 01:27
“Just to clarify, there are no "big plans" for AoS and Facebook”

Even little plans can go horribly wrong :lol:

Alex_UK
13-03-2011, 01:29
“Just to clarify, there are no "big plans" for AoS and Facebook”

Even little plans can go horribly wrong :lol:

Good job I'm so disorganised there aren't any plans then! :lolsign:

It'll all be half-arsed as usual!

Marco
13-03-2011, 01:30
Hey, John, six more posts of your inimitable pish and you'll have reached 1000.... May your next 1000 scribbles be of an equally high standard! :lol: :eyebrows: ;)

Marco.

Jac Hawk
13-03-2011, 01:32
Good job I'm so disorganised there aren't any plans then! :lolsign:

It'll all be half-arsed as usual!

So that's a plan then?.....:scratch::lolsign:

Welder
13-03-2011, 01:33
Oh will it :eek:
I try my best Marco but…….:lolsign:

Techno Commander
13-03-2011, 12:30
Congratulations on your moderatorship. :)