PDA

View Full Version : I am in love with my Croft amp

ccaks
12-03-2011, 20:59
Guys,

My integrated amp from Mr Croft has arrived this morning and hasn't stopped playing since then.

I have listened to all sorts of things: from Keith Jarrett's Jasmine to trumpet concerts from Telemann. Beatles remasters, Strauss songs, violin concerts, string quartets and symphonies and the result is amazing.

No fadigue, just hours of pleasure from this little devil. I haven't tried the phone stage yet. Will connect my Rega P3-24 tomorrow and try a few lps.

Glenn has done it again :youtheman:

:wow:

Reid Malenfant
12-03-2011, 21:05
Hi Claudia, sounds like you are happy :) Don't forget it'll sound better with a hundred hours plus on it ;) Sounds like you'll get there pretty quickly :eyebrows:

ATB & enjoy :cool:

ccaks
12-03-2011, 21:15
I've been listening since midday and will keep listening for the whole weekend. :)

If it gets any better, I'll have to find an excuse for NOT going to work anymore...:lol:

tannoy man
12-03-2011, 21:27
The Phonostage will blow your socks off, you're in for a treat:)

ccaks
12-03-2011, 21:43
My Rega is still connected to the Rega phono stage and TT PSU.

Tomorrow I'll swap the cables around - and wear no socks ;)

basnas
12-03-2011, 22:27
Hi

Is it a new integrated amp from Croft.
Can you tell more of the Croft amp.

Is it with valve EL84?

best jan

ccaks
12-03-2011, 22:48
Jan, yes, it is a new integrated amp based on the Micro 25 and he has been very low profile about it. So no reviews or pics anywhere.

I've contacted him early in the year interested in his pre+power set and then contacted my local distributor. He was the one who actually told me about it so I've decided to try one.

Pls contact Glenn for more info. He's the best person to talk about it.
Thanks

EDIT: Jan, I've just received an e-mail from my distributor and Glenn Croft has decided to release the 2 integrated amps. Enjoy!

So here is a pic:

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt17/ccaks/Croft%20Acoustics%20Integrated%20Amp/DSC00057.jpg

Jonboy
12-03-2011, 23:27
I'm in love with my wife and thats all that counts,

ccaks
12-03-2011, 23:32
Wow, good for you :youtheman:

hifi_dave
13-03-2011, 11:01
Hi

Is it a new integrated amp from Croft.
Can you tell more of the Croft amp.

Is it with valve EL84?

best jan

It is a new integrated from Glenn Croft. Available in Line level and Phono versions.

More information in the Trade Impressions section of the Forum.

DSJR
13-03-2011, 14:41
Those controls look superb and should make balance easier.. :)

ccaks
13-03-2011, 14:54
They actually do, Dave. I have found no problem at all with the controls. They do correct a little problem in my listening room, the left channel is set slightly higher than the right.

Today, I have finally managed to connect my Rega P3-24 to the phono stage and effect is incredible.

It wasn't bad at all with the Rega Phono Stage but with the Croft, the music just grows and fills the room in a totally different way. Milt Jackson sounds amazing...

It's a great integrated amp, and at around 1000 pounds, it's a winner :clap:

JRS
14-03-2011, 18:04
Hi all,
I took delivery of my Croft micro25 pre/power combo a couple of weeks back and they also have the new ergonomic controls. They sound amazing. One thing I noticed are that my speakers (Tannoy DMT II 8" NFM) are really behaving like near field monitors in that they have a definite sweet spot, whereas before, it was all a bit muddy.
What speakers are other Croft lovers using?

J

technobear
14-03-2011, 18:08

J

Zu Audio Druids :)

ccaks
14-03-2011, 18:33
Hi all,
I took delivery of my Croft micro25 pre/power combo a couple of weeks back and they also have the new ergonomic controls. They sound amazing. One thing I noticed are that my speakers (Tannoy DMT II 8" NFM) are really behaving like near field monitors in that they have a definite sweet spot, whereas before, it was all a bit muddy.

J

B&W CM 5

Marco
15-03-2011, 00:26
Lockwood Majors with 15" Tannoy Monitor Golds and Celestion Ditton Studio 66 Monitors.

Croft rules and Glenn is da man (along with Anthony TD and Nick G)! :)

Marco.

JazzBones
15-03-2011, 11:43
;)
Guys,

My integrated amp from Mr Croft has arrived this morning and hasn't stopped playing since then.

I have listened to all sorts of things: from Keith Jarrett's Jasmine to trumpet concerts from Telemann. Beatles remasters, Strauss songs, violin concerts, string quartets and symphonies and the result is amazing.

No fadigue, just hours of pleasure from this little devil. I haven't tried the phone stage yet. Will connect my Rega P3-24 tomorrow and try a few lps.

Glenn has done it again :youtheman:

:wow:

All this talk about 'The Croft', I feel lust and desire setting in, must hye me to the confessional box for absolution:eyebrows::)

Ron :cocktail:

kt66
21-03-2011, 19:55
I'm in love with my wife and thats all that counts,

so am I

Alex_UK
21-03-2011, 20:33
so am I

Does Jon know about this!? :eek:

;)

DSJR
21-03-2011, 21:34
Alex, stop stirring it up and buy one for yourself. It'll be the third best audio purchase you've made - after the SL150(0) and SP1's of course :lol:

Jonboy
21-03-2011, 21:41
so am I

Not quite the "manage a trois" i have been fantasing about but i'm game if you are :eyebrows:

Alex_UK
21-03-2011, 21:45
Alex, stop stirring it up and buy one for yourself. It'll be the third best audio purchase you've made - after the SL150(0) and SP1's of course :lol:

Stop it you naughty man! The big problem for me is I don't think I could live without a remote - I know I will burn in audiophile hell for my heresy, but for me the convenience is just too much to give up when I am forever having to adjust the volume to keep an ear out for Avatar, respond to 'Allo 'Allo style thumps on the ceiling from The Boss upstairs, or take a work 'phone call... Ohhhhh, maybe I could manage... Be very interesting to hear one at hifi_Daves along with the Harbeths, preferably before he retires and sells up shop... (cough, cough!) ;)

DSJR
21-03-2011, 21:51
Just make sure you can be around over the easter hols and we'll see what we can do ;)

Marco
22-03-2011, 07:03
Stop it you naughty man! The big problem for me is I don't think I could live without a remote - I know I will burn in audiophile hell for my heresy, but for me the convenience is just too much to give up when I am forever having to adjust the volume to keep an ear out for Avatar, respond to 'Allo 'Allo style thumps on the ceiling from The Boss upstairs, or take a work 'phone call... Ohhhhh, maybe I could manage...

And the irony is, a properly implemented remote control, as they say in Scotland, does 'hee-haw' to affect the sound! ;)

I'd have remote control facility on my Croft preamp in a flash, but can I be arsed? Err... No! :)

Marco.

Techno Commander
22-03-2011, 09:01
The big problem for me is I don't think I could live without a remote

Thats easily sorted. :)

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/99/286414042_fccb7187d7.jpg

The Grand Wazoo
22-03-2011, 23:16
The big problem for me is I don't think I could live without a remote

Alex, early days yet mate, but before you know it your remote control will soon be old enough to run over to the other side of the room & turn it up a bit.

Alex_UK
22-03-2011, 23:23
Alex, early days yet mate, but before you know it your remote control will soon be old enough to run over to the other side of the room & turn it up a bit.

Well she already knows how to load and play a CD, and turn the volume UP so I guess you're right there Chris! (I have to be very careful - couple of times now I've noticed the volume has been turned to Max - luckily without anything playing! :eek:)

Marco
22-03-2011, 23:40
Well she already knows how to load and play a CD...

Has she spread any jam on them yet? :eyebrows:

Marco.

The Grand Wazoo
22-03-2011, 23:46
I've got to say, I'm suffering a bit since my remote went away to university! I've got to walk to the other end of the room, through a door & into another room to spread jam on my CD's!

Barry
22-03-2011, 23:49

It only goes to show that there is nothing new in this world: this is Quad's idea of a remote control, as used at the BBC.

http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy88/barrydhunt/IMG_0001-3.jpg

In my opinion "having one's man to do these things" is only way it should be done.

Regards

The Grand Wazoo
22-03-2011, 23:50
A knob-wallah!

The Grand Wazoo
22-03-2011, 23:51
Ooh-er missus

Alex_UK
22-03-2011, 23:59
I fear only a matter of time before a chocolate Button or something similar disappears in there - finally, I see the benefits of file based audio! :lol:

keiths
23-03-2011, 18:46
Surely with the dual-mono Croft I'll have to be two remotes ;)

technobear
23-03-2011, 20:22
Surely with the dual-mono Croft I'll have to be two remotes ;)

Nah... one remote and a strategically placed rubber band ;)