PDA

View Full Version : why cant i use spotify?

colinB
11-03-2011, 18:11
I used to have a spotify free account which was stopped for some reason.
Then Alex gave me a invite code and that seems to not work ant more.
I dont want to sign up for a paid account as i dont have a DAC , i just use it to check artists before i buy. once used myspace for the same reason but since Murdoch bought it the pages take to long to lead what with all the adverts.

Is there a time period on a spotify account or am i just unlucky?

Stratmangler
11-03-2011, 18:14
I have had a free account for ages - it still works fine.
The free accounts do have a limit on the number of hours you can listen per month.

Just copied this from the Spotify site

How much music can I listen to with Spotify Open?

When you open your account you receive 20 hours listening time - that’s equivalent to listening to 25 albums or 300 tracks EVERY month! You will then receive five additional hours every week starting one week from when you register, up to a maximum of 20 hours.

To play more music you need to subscribe to Spotify Unlimited or Spotify Premium.

Tim
11-03-2011, 19:03
I think there are 4 Spotify accounts now, Open, Free, Unlimited and Premium.

Free is a capped account I think max 20h per month, Open is unlimited with adverts, but you have to have an invite for that one - the others are subscription. Do you know exactly which account you have?

Also, have you tried un-installing and installing again? Not sure if it would make any difference, but worth a try.

Ahhh, looks like some changes have been made..... there's the get out clause "free-to-the-user service having a cap on listening hours determined by Spotify in its sole discretion" You may have been capped?

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w63/greatgig/spotify.jpg

Tim
11-03-2011, 19:14
Just had a thought, you could try uninstalling it, sign up to Google with another email address then get another invite and install a fresh version to see if that worked.

Long winded I know, but may be worth a try?

colinB
11-03-2011, 19:21
Just had a thought, you could try uninstalling it, sign up to Google with another email address then get another invite and install a fresh version to see if that worked.

Long winded I know, but may be worth a try?

Good idea, i will give it a try

Alex_UK
11-03-2011, 20:35
Good idea, i will give it a try

I think that may be easiest - I can send you another invite Colin - just PM me the new email address once sorted.