PDA

View Full Version : Aurios bearings

Iain Sinclair
30-08-2008, 21:32
I've had a set of these on shelf for several years; I tried them under the Roksan and they made no difference that I could hear, so I put them on side meaning to sell them but not getting around to it.

I noticed that Martin T uses them under his SACD so out of idle curiosity I put them under the Meridian transport. They make a significant, positive difference, and I'm kicking myself for not trying this sooner!

MartinT
05-09-2008, 07:33
I noticed that Martin T uses them under his SACD so out of idle curiosity I put them under the Meridian transport. They make a significant, positive difference, and I'm kicking myself for not trying this sooner!

Hi Iain, yes I use them under my Ayre SACD player (and previous under the Sony SCD-1). They do indeed make a difference even though my system rack is already sprung. I would describe it as increased focus in the soundstage and tighter bass.

Iain Sinclair
05-09-2008, 21:42
Hi Iain, yes I use them under my Ayre SACD player (and previous under the Sony SCD-1). They do indeed make a difference even though my system rack is already sprung. I would describe it as increased focus in the soundstage and tighter bass.

That's about how I'd describe it too; there's also a removal of a subtle 'haze'; a sort of cleaning-up of the sound.

Now I guess I'll have to investigate a 'proper' system rack. Bugger!