PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

ccaks
08-03-2011, 02:00
Hi everyone,

My name is Claudia and I live in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

I have found AoS while searching the web for Croft Acoustics reviews/products as I am about to own one :)

My stereo set up is quite simple: a pair of B&W CM5, an Oppo BD83 + DAC and my modded Rega P3-24 (Groovetracer subplatter, Michell weight and IsoFeet).
I was looking for a new integrated and wanted to run away from the main names that are very popular here in Brazil - Cambridge, Primare, Marantz, MBL, Electrocompaniet, etc.

I loved the idea and simplicity of the Crofts and, as a classical music lover, they were highly recommended for their detail and quality.

Looking forward to hours of listening pleasure :cheers:

Alex_UK
08-03-2011, 07:46
Hi Claudia, and welcome to AoS. If we have any Brazillian members, then I certainly don't remember - you may just be the first?

I think you will be very happy with the Croft kit, which is very well regarded.

Hope you find the information you are looking for, and look forward to reading your experiences.

John
08-03-2011, 08:02
You got yourself a nice bit of Kit
Hope you enjoying the Carnival (it completly takes over everything)I visited your beautiful city about 4 years ago, a place of contridictions; reminds me a bit of Cape Town

MartinT
08-03-2011, 08:10
Hello Claudia and welcome. Are you buying the Croft Series 7 amplifier or a previous model? What kind of music do you like to listen to?

ccaks
08-03-2011, 12:38
Hi Alex, John and Martin and thanks for your messages :)

Yes, Carnival takes over everything and I hate it! So 4 days at home, listening to music and watching films over some good wine with my dear friends.

Am I the only Brazilian here? Could be...most of my friends at Hi-Fi forums in Brazil are into different gear, mostly what comes from the US and now China.
I wanted a new Integrated and wanted to run away from the main brands. A friend mentioned a pair or Croft that he had listened to a few years early, coupled with a pair of Spendor speakers and he said that he never forgot what he had listened to so I thought it had to be good...
I have exchanged some e-mails with Mr Croft and contacted the local distributor here in Brazil and voilá, it should be on my way tomorrow.

I must say that minimalism is a way of life for me so the Crofts attracted me for their simplicity and lack of 'fancy blue lights kinda stuff'.

I've lived in the UK for a while when I was a child (and still visit several times a year) so had the chance to listen to some gear that my dad bought at the time (pls don't ask for names as I won't remember them, I was 10!). All I can remember was the gorgeous summer of '76 and The Beatles Blue and Red albums spinning away on a turntable - and I was hooked... :D

I love classical music and I probably listen to it 80% of the time, the rest goes for some Jazz (Ella, Oscar Peterson, Ben Webster, etc) and some oldies but goldies, like The Beatles, Motown, Genesis, Pink Floyd, etc.

No, I am not going for the series 7, but not to worry, I'll post some info as soon as it comes thru the door ;)