PDA

View Full Version : Jo Hamilton - Gown

Haselsh1
06-03-2011, 10:24
Having recently had to sell of my precious Hi-Fi due to financial problems (again) I now find myself with a highly mediocre system but this hasn't stopped me from getting into some seriously new music. Jo Hamilton's 'Gown' album is one of these. I bought the album on CD as my SL1210 was the first to go and at the moment, I have no means of playing vinyl but I have to say that the CD packaging is very good and of a high quality.

The music is quite simply stunning and is akin to a female vocal version of Peter Gabriel's last album. Now by that I don't mean a rough gravelly voice but the music backing is certainly very alike. Her voice is a bit Bjork like with some fabulous musicianship in the background.

The recording quality is once again stunning, and would complement any fine Hi-Fi setup even my disgrace of a system and this is one CD I would happily recommend.

Tim
06-03-2011, 10:43
This is very interesting, as you say like a female Peter Gabriel - thanks for the tip. Only half way through at the moment, but I'm enjoying it immensely :)

For the Spotify users;

http://open.spotify.com/album/6I9xjSCoqp1gTsvspciQIH

Alex_UK
06-03-2011, 21:43
Thanks for that (and the Spotify link Tim) - I'll give it a whirl later when my ears have stopped ringing after Scalford!