PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Moorgate in Sheffield

kipper247
28-08-2008, 09:30
New to the forum and just wanted to say hello!:)

Marco
29-08-2008, 08:43
Hi Kipper,

Welcome to the forum! :)

What's your first name, what system are you running, and what music are you into?

Marco.

Mike
29-08-2008, 11:02
Hi Kipper,

Welcome from me also. Sheffield is a cool place, well it must be, I was born there! ;)

Cheers...

Beechwoods
29-08-2008, 17:23
I was born in Birmingham but it hasn't been as cool as it was since I left.

Welcome, Kipper! Glad you've decided to say hello!

kipper247
02-09-2008, 14:25
First name is Paul. My system is and Akurate CD player with Chord DAC64 a LINN Klimax Kontrol and Chakra twin and a pair of LINN Espek speakers. Am into all kinds of music from rock to blues and all points in between.

Steve Toy
03-09-2008, 01:11
That's a nice Linn system you've got going there. May I ask what improvements the DAC64 brings to what is an already very competent CD player?

kipper247
03-09-2008, 11:21
That's a nice Linn system you've got going there. May I ask what improvements the DAC64 brings to what is an already very competent CD player?

The DAC was the thing that made me realise I could manage without vinyl. It did "analogue" things to my CD's and was a no brainer. It comes home to roost every time I have to bring it into the store for a demo - I simply can't listen to music until the unit is safely plugged back in.

Incidentally I recently tried to the new Chord QB76 DAC and that is a remarkable product! I think I have finally heard something that sounds as good as a CD12 but for a great deal less of the folding stuff. It is substantially better than the DAC64 in almost every area and I can't wait to get my hands on one permanently. The QB will also allow me to stream FLAK files from my PC wirelessly - which is great because my PC is nowhere near my stereo and I want to download some 24bit stuff. So my next purchase will be the QB76 and then I am looking to get my hands on some Dynaudio Confidence C4 speakers if I can raise the cash.