PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to say thankyou to Marco and all the guys at AoS

Tim
05-03-2011, 20:14
Well I have just passed 100 posts and a lot has changed for me since joining the forum, so I wanted to say thanks to you all for making me so welcome. Its been a great place to hang out and I have learnt an awful lot since becoming a member.

It's also prompted me to get off my arse and improve things, I am seeing marked improvements without spending a fortune - but I fear I am just about to spend a fortune :(

It's also encouraged me to try things out and swap stuff around, to see what effect it has, something I haven't done for years. So thanks again guys, a great forum and a great bunch of very knowledgeable and helpful members. My system may only be modest, but it's already better and I have got a great new play-list of artists to research as well.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w63/greatgig/banana.gifhttp://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w63/greatgig/banana.gifhttp://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w63/greatgig/banana.gif

DSJR
05-03-2011, 20:16
All good fun innit?

:gig:

Reid Malenfant
05-03-2011, 20:22
All the best Tim :) I have had some changes being threatened for about a year that finally came about recently & man am i pleased i took the time out to do them :eyebrows: It meant nearly two weeks without my main system, but when it all came together...OMG

Take your time fella, apart from the tunes of course :D

I do agree, this is the place to be ;)

Alex_UK
05-03-2011, 20:35
:grouphug:

:)

Welder
05-03-2011, 20:57
:sofa:
Good on ya Tim :)
I must say you get full marks for courage. I have no idea how old you are but if you’re anything like my age, change is always a challenge.
:goodluck:
:respect:

Tim
05-03-2011, 22:31
Good on ya Tim :)
I must say you get full marks for courage. I have no idea how old you are but if you’re anything like my age, change is always a challenge.

I'm 50 ish John, raised on ELP, Pink Floyd and Genesis . . . and I find everything in life a challenge! http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w63/greatgig/thumbsup.gif

Puffin
06-03-2011, 13:47
Hi Tim, you realise that you are now suffering from a disease from which you will NEVER recover. You are only as good as your next "fix" and the cost of the "drugs" gets evermore costly. You can reduce the costs by undertaking diy tweaks and upgrades. You can even make your own amps and speakers. Once you start on that road you can kiss goodbye to any normal existence as you sit doggedly bent night after night, day after day, over your soldering iron. The ever pleasant (pun intended) smell of solder fumes is totally addictive, which is a good thing as the hours pass almost as if by magic. There is no known cure.

Enjoy.

Rob.

Tim
06-03-2011, 15:56
Hi Tim, you realise that you are now suffering from a disease from which you will NEVER recover. You are only as good as your next "fix" and the cost of the "drugs" gets evermore costly. You can reduce the costs by undertaking diy tweaks and upgrades. You can even make your own amps and speakers. Once you start on that road you can kiss goodbye to any normal existence as you sit doggedly bent night after night, day after day, over your soldering iron. The ever pleasant (pun intended) smell of solder fumes is totally addictive, which is a good thing as the hours pass almost as if by magic. There is no known cure.

Enjoy.

Rob.

Lol, you may be right there - although I'm not so sure about picking up a soldering iron, I haven't done that since I left the Royal Navy . . . and that was a long time ago!

MartinT
06-03-2011, 22:36
I'm late to this, Tim, but the great thing about AoS is it's a two-way thing and I've learned things from you, too. So here's to the next 100 :glug:

P.S. I'm fifty-ish too :)

WAD62
07-03-2011, 09:48
Nice thread Tim...

I have very similar sentiments, lots of good people on here, opened my eyes to all sorts of interesting stuff, from hardware to software and most importantly the music too.

Even the arguments are reasonably well mannered...well mostly ;)

Just below the 50 radar, but it's not far off...:cool:

John
07-03-2011, 12:55
Great to hear Tim. I think for most of us seeing this really makes it feel worth while.

Beechwoods
07-03-2011, 20:11
Damn right John, thank you Tim :)

Tim
08-03-2011, 00:35
Damn right John, thank you Tim :)

You are more than welcome and I have to say you deserve a mention too. After looking at your Gallery pictures, I was flung right down memory lane....... my first system was a Pioneer PL12D TT, a Trio amp and a pair of JR149's.... I loved them to death.

I had forgotten all about the pleasure those 3 things used to give me and I'm amazed and pleased to see some 149's still going strong, I don't really know why, I just am :)

Alex_UK
08-03-2011, 07:38
You are more than welcome and I have to say you deserve a mention too. After looking at your Gallery pictures, I was flung right down memory lane....... my first system was a Pioneer PL12D TT, a Trio amp and a pair of JR149's.... I loved them to death.

I had forgotten all about the pleasure those 3 things used to give me and I'm amazed and pleased to see some 149's still going strong, I don't really know why, I just am :)

The Radford STA15/JR149 combo I heard at Scalford proved why these speakers are still sought after - Nick said he sought his out after hearing them at Scalford last year, and I could certainly hear the attraction.

Anyway, good thread, and nice to see to someone thanking Marco and the other mods for all their hard work in making this place a great community - and as Martin said, we're learning from you too (that Martha Wainwright CD is on it's way!) so it's a two-way street, and glad you're enjoying AoS and a renewed interest Tim. :cool:

Marco
08-03-2011, 11:45
Thanks for your kind comments, Tim - appreciated and always nice to hear :)

I hope you continue to enjoy the 'AoS experience' and become a regular contributor as well as being a valued member of our community :cool:

Marco.

Ian Walker
08-03-2011, 22:21
Nice post that Tim and nice to see someone older than me here...im only Fourty twelve myself:)

Ian.

MartinT
09-03-2011, 13:50
im only Fourty twelve myself:)

Snap, and that's how I quote my age too, unless I do it in base 16 in which case I'm only 34 ;)

Tim
09-03-2011, 17:35
Snap, and that's how I quote my age too, unless I do it in base 16 in which case I'm only 34 ;)

LOL, base 16, I like that...... 34 sounds a lot better than 40 - 12, so I think I shall quote my age in base 16 from now on ;)

Beechwoods
09-03-2011, 21:02
I'm a simple man, but seemingly very old, 100110 ;)

The Grand Wazoo
09-03-2011, 21:13
I'm a simple man, but seemingly very old, 100110 ;)

Ha!
I love this:

There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those who read binary and those who don't!

Beechwoods
09-03-2011, 21:15
He he he! I love that one too :)