PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha ca800 mk2

ourdogmax
05-03-2011, 10:16
Hi Guys, I was hoping someone may be able to help in my current dilemma.

I have recently acquired a Yamaha CA800 MK2, I have looked all over the internet to no avail, I have found the schematic for the CA 800 but not he MK2.

They are different and I need to set up the power boards, bias/offset etc.

So if any one has a diagram for this I would be grateful.

Cheers.:cool:

DSJR
05-03-2011, 15:33
Can Yamaha UK help in any way still? Perhaps an email to Yamaha in japan?

The distributer changed from Natural Sound Systems in 1983 or so I seem to recall, but one or two very long standing dealerships (whom I don't know) may be able to offer pointers.

Thing is, these amps never went wrong on their own in the first twenty years or so of life apart from noisy controls, so many dealers just may not have this info.

ourdogmax
05-03-2011, 15:36
Can Yamaha UK help in any way still? Perhaps an email to Yamaha in japan?

The distributer changed from Natural Sound Systems in 1983 or so I seem to recall, but one or two very long standing dealerships (whom I don't know) may be able to offer pointers.

Thing is, these amps never went wrong on their own in the first twenty years or so of life apart from noisy controls, so many dealers just may not have this info.

Thank's Dave, I'll see if I can contact them.
I kind of hoped some on would have a manual or schematic, anyone...

DSJR
05-03-2011, 20:19
Like I said, these lovely old amps never went wrong due to their own problems in their anticipated service life of ten to fifteen years and many/most lasted even longer before needing attention - as yours has hopefully shown you ;)

Beautiful design, slick switchgear which the 810 and others in this latter series just didn't have.

Rare Bird
09-03-2011, 01:54
I have recently acquired a Yamaha CA800 MK2, I have looked all over the internet to no avail, I have found the schematic for the CA 800 but not he MK2.

They are different and I need to set up the power boards, bias/offset etc.

So if any one has a diagram for this I would be grateful.

Hi Darrell
Is it working at all?

ourdogmax
09-03-2011, 08:55
Hi Darrell
Is it working at all?

It seems to be working fine except for a hum, I have had to replace the mains switch as it was us.

So I am recapping the whole thing.

I just wanted the manual to set up the power boards, it would be nice to replace the presets.