PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this then?

MCRU
04-03-2011, 22:15
Hi Guys,
Sorry I have been a bit quiet recently, many reasons, mainly busy assembling cables etc, etc.

I was not happy with my SME 309 which was no one's fault but my own, I am not a patient man and needed lots of time to set it up properly which I did not have (yes others may have done it in a few minutes but that is them, this is me), well things have moved on a bit in the last few days, I now have one of these babies lined up.......

http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt309/themainsman/3.jpg

I am hoping that it will release the full potential of the arm and turntable and I did not stop there, a friend of a friend was selling a Jeff Rowland pre and power amp so I took those as well, the amp has an optional phono stage built in and according to reports it is a stonking phono stage so all is well that ends well it seems! I expect to be blown away when it's all assembled and connected, bloody better be as it's my last up-grade for at least 10 years.

BTH K10A
04-03-2011, 23:02
It's an EMT by another name.

MartinT
05-03-2011, 00:37
Hi David - you were happy with the TecnoArm but not with the SME. I wonder why, and have you tried putting the Michell back in place to get another reference?