PDA

View Full Version : Sony a series walkman

colinB
01-03-2011, 23:19
I bought a Sony a845 few months back and i enjoy using it for iplayer but music is a bit frustrating. It has a volume limiter and to get decent umph i have to turn it up to 11 and then it starts to distort. I thought i had a nano beater on my hands but its pretty flawed. Bloody nanny state rules are forcing manufacturers to make substandard gear.
Brilliant tv though.

The Vinyl Adventure
01-03-2011, 23:22
Try going into the settings and setting your location to somewhere not the uk or USA ... If you do that on the Sansa clips it removes the volume limiter ...
Not sure it would do the same but it might be worth a go?

colinB
01-03-2011, 23:25
I will have a play Hamish but i think i read on headphone forums that you could do that with the z series but not with the new a series. Sony are not going to release a correction either. A lot of people put them up for sale after buying them.

Ergoline
03-03-2011, 05:30
Yikes, that sounds really frustrating. Sony makes some great gear, and I'm sure they didn't want to shoot themselves in the foot either. The U.S. has a lot of really dumb "consumer protection" laws too.

rep
04-03-2011, 12:57
I bought a Sony a845 few months back and i enjoy using it for iplayer but music is a bit frustrating. It has a volume limiter and to get decent umph i have to turn it up to 11 and then it starts to distort. I thought i had a nano beater on my hands but its pretty flawed. Bloody nanny state rules are forcing manufacturers to make substandard gear.
Brilliant tv though.

Would one of these help ?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/FiiO-E5-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B001PYZYI8/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=ISLZTLC37SM3W&colid=2H6Z2XR5NWRYT

colinB
04-03-2011, 13:44
Thanks. Tempted t give it a try.
I was put of by having another box but it looks small enough to put into my coin pocket of my jeans :)