PDA

View Full Version : Thread Idea: Reviews of free/found gear..

nat8808
27-02-2011, 12:57
I find the odd bit of gear thrown out around (mostly from my estate's various recycling areas) that include DVD players, old cheap amps, old cheap speakers, parts of midi systems that can be used as seperates etc.. reecycle is always a good place to pick up otherwise value-less gear.

How about we start reviewing gear that can be had for free around the place BUT compared to our more respected equipment?

Macca
27-02-2011, 23:03
London may be different but no-one is dumping anything of any value round these parts:(

Beechwoods
28-02-2011, 07:49
Bristol is very big on informal 'freecycling' - stuff left out on walls with a note attached that's 'free to a good home'. I occasionally see hifi but don't have the space for anything but stuff I really want, that will improve on what I have, but it's there if you look for it.

MartinT
28-02-2011, 07:55
I sometimes see some promising kit at the local waste/recycle centre but they won't let you take anything away. Of course, a tenner slipped in the right direction may rectify that should there be a really good bit of kit going to the knacker's yard.

Mothman
28-02-2011, 12:33
Where I am, the local receycling centre store all ectrical stuff in a shed which you are not allowed in as a bod has to come and take the item from you, so it's almost impossible to see whether anything worthwhile has has been dumped.

Also I've had little luck on `Freecycle' as anything worth having seems to get snapped up immediately.