+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tube technology

I'm maria.

Default tube technology

hi all,can anybody tell me if the have heard of or no anything about the firm tube technology,regards maria

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm maria.

thanx for the reply Chris,im fed up trying i think thats no longer in use that number,i'll explain all later ,regard maria

I'm inthescottishmafia.

I have read they tend to push the valves very hard in their amps, or at least used to, so reliability can be an issue.

I'm maria.

hi ali,i had 1 for 10 yrs,and then it broke posted away to be repaired over 2 and a half yrs ago and never saw it againeyebrows:more info laterthanx for the reply maria

I'm Neil.

Ummm

Tube technology is still in business after coming back from a hiatus.

I know the guy behind TT very well and a number of years ago his wife died suddenly and this pretty much wiped him out. I spent a good three hours on the phone talking with him one afternoon, with me pretty much just listening as he poured his heart out to me.

I was sad to see TT sort of vanish, but Zia and his wife were soul mates and a lot of men don't recover from this sort of loss. Not too long before the death they had moved TT and themselves to Wales and I know afterwards that Zia was thinking of moving back south. I lost touch a few years ago (after my redundancy forced me out of the audio industry) so I don't know what happened later on.

However not long ago I started to see adds again in the hifi mags relating to the brand so I suggest you contact Music arch their UK exclusive retailer for more info.

Not only is Zia a really nice guy but many TT products are fantastic imho, though I do agree with Ali re the canning of valves a bit too hard, particularly with the Unisis.

What you describe as having happened Maria is not good, but I can assure you Zia is a very honest guy and I suspect some sort of cock up has occurred.

Regards D S D L

I'm maria.

thanx D S D L,for the reply,yes i heard about Zia's wife,very sad,i had berevermetrecently,and had to STRUGGLE ONwith my work,i had to go out and buy a new amp then my CD broke so more money,this does not excuse 2 and a half yrs with no word of my property,i was informed TT was back in production,though more on this later,just lookin to here if anybody knows anything about this,regard maria.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by radio View Post
    thanx D S D L,for the reply,yes i heard about Zia's wife,very sad,i had berevermetrecently,and had to STRUGGLE ONwith my work,i had to go out and buy a new amp then my CD broke so more money,this does not excuse 2 and a half yrs with no word of my property,i was informed TT was back in production,though more on this later,just lookin to here if anybody knows anything about this,regard maria.
    I agree with you regarding your amplifier and I was not seeking to excuse what has occurred.

I know nothing more than what I have told you. Contact Musicarch explain what has happened and once Zia knows (is reminded) I am sure it will be sorted out.

listen@musicarch.co.uk

01273 607983

Regards D S D L

I'm maria.

I relise you were not excusing what happend,thankyou for the address and telephone number very much appreciated,regards maria.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

HiFi Dave (Radlett Audio) was in touch with Zia again a few months ago..
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast