We are pleased to announce that a review of the Cayin CD-50T CD Player has been isued in the March 2011 issue of HiFi World.

David Price loved what he heard and gave the CD player 5 globes, the highest mark available. Here are some comments from the review:

"Overall I was impressed with the Cayin's build at the price, it's certainly swish considering the lowly market position and effort has clearly been made"

"At first listen i was bowled over... It was warm and sumptuous, with a delightfully solid weight to bass drums, and a lovely timre to analogue synths, letting them wash all around."

"...the Cayin supplied a beutifully sumptuous signal to my amplifier and loudspeakers. It gave the sense of everything being turned up to eleven, the soundstage bristling with detail, sparkling with hi hats and punching with a big fat Fender Rhodes electric piano sound."

"... the Cayin pushed out its big wall of sound, with upfront imaging forward of loudspeakers. It loped along merily, showing a pleasant rhythmic gait, rather in the mannor of a unipivot tomearm."

Verdict - Strong sounding, larger than life silver disc spinner, but needs carefull matching and still won't be to all tastes.

FOR-
- big, bold sound
- lilting rhythmic gait
- sumptuous tone
- build and finish

AGAINST
- soft lower bass
- slightly compressed.

The Cayin CD-50T is available in Silver and Black face and more info in the product can be found by clicking here.