+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IC: Tannoy 12" Monitor Gold Lancasters with stands

I'm Josie.

Default IC: Tannoy 12" Monitor Gold Lancasters with stands

Hi guys.

This hurts...a lot.

After months of looking for a new house it looks like we have decided on one that simply won't be able to accommodate my lovely Tannoys.

The are 12" Monitor golds in superb condition Lancaster cabinets. They have had new crossovers fitted and have very decent quality binding posts from Hifi Collective.

They come with my Abbey Road inspired (1 month old) something solid stands of which I totally recommend. They come with the original plinth bases too of which are simply screwed on.

The sound from these is amazing as you may have read from my previous threads. I'm still thinking about this and trying to figure a way of keeping them but what I don't want to do is put them in to storage. I don't see the point in that as they need to be enjoyed.

Things are moving fast and so I'd better get me skates on with this or else storage will become them.

I'm looking for £1800 for them. The 15" Lancasters are going for over £2200 on ebay these days and strange as it may seem the 12" MG's sound much better than the 15's in the Lancasters.

This is a sad day for me as they are everything I wanted in style and sound.

If anyone is interested and would like to make me a sensible offer please do.

Last edited by The Black Adder; 08-10-2011 at 13:00.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Dave.

That's a shame. Breaking up such a lovely setup.
    In - Tweaked Lenco GL75, Linn Ittok, Ortofon Cadenza Black
    Through - Croft Micro 25 RS LS, power R monoblocks, RIAA R. Ortofon ST-80 SE SUT.
    Along - Tellurium Q Ultra Black cables
    Out - Harbeth SHL5 Plus XD's

Street photography

Dave

I'm Andrew.

Joe,

I would love to have a pair of Tannoy's! They sure do look lovely, gutted for you that you have to sell them
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Josie.

Thanks guys.

I know... I know. It's really painful to do this and I'm still trying to find a plan to keep them but I think any more trying is rather futile as the new living room is just too narrow for them.

I've tried to put the plan to knock the wall out but unfortunately that would be in to the garden, lol..
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    Facebook

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Thanks guys.
    I've tried to put the plan to knock the wall out but unfortunately that would be in to the garden, lol..
    Gardens are overated in my opinion. Get that wall down...

Or convert the attic into a man cave...
    In - Tweaked Lenco GL75, Linn Ittok, Ortofon Cadenza Black
    Through - Croft Micro 25 RS LS, power R monoblocks, RIAA R. Ortofon ST-80 SE SUT.
    Along - Tellurium Q Ultra Black cables
    Out - Harbeth SHL5 Plus XD's

Street photography

Dave

I'm Mark.

If you want to put them in storage I could probably find some space in my 'storage' facility for them. I'd do you a cheap rate as well
    Mark

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Can you not use them along the long wall? Firing bigger speakers down an oblong room isn't always a good idea I found..
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Josie.

No can do.. other furniture n that.

Tannoyista.com
    Facebook

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Joe, have you considered having some narrower enclosures built to utilise the 12" monitor golds?

I'm not thinking of me as i have my own problems

But as long as the internal volume is kept the same & the port tuned to the same frequency then they'll sound the same given some care. They only need to be as wide as the driver + wood on each side, but the front to back depth & height can be altered to suit.

Store the Lancaster cabs & still get to use those lovely Tannoy drivers
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Andrew.

Storage seems to be the best way forward, I bet if you buy another pair in the future they will be even more expensive
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast