+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Ikea Kallax etc

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by morris_minor View Post
    Ikea Kallax in my office . . . (now considerably fuller )

Wow! I could get lost in that collection! Impressive

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Russell.

And the light fixtures are perfect!

I'm Grant.

Thanks for all the replies and info, pics etc. Great stuff.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    I use Kallax for re ord storage.
    The records slipping back is quite annoying.

Mine is pretty sturdy as I used a resin glue to bond everything together as I built it.
    I just need to add something on the back and I will be happy.
    My Kallax has MDF backing and I use pipe insulation (cut to length with a breadknife ) to stop records from being pushed to the back of the unit.

I'm Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    And the light fixtures are perfect!

Also from Ikea, of course . . .

I'm Neil.

There you go Grant my Ikea record storage in two rooms, main listening room, and living room. Three high with CD racks to one side and Billys to the other. Sitting on top some of my collection of vintage FM tuners.

Living room, only music in here is vinyl, all my CDs, SACDs, DVDAs are in the listening room. Some more vintage FM tuners on top of this Ikea stack as well.

Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

Extremely neat Neil.... think i will move in
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by morris_minor View Post
    My Kallax has MDF backing and I use pipe insulation (cut to length with a breadknife ) to stop records from being pushed to the back of the unit.

Like the pipe insu... will do job cheaply
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Extremely neat Neil.... think i will move in
    Everything has its place Grant. Everything is stable and nothing has moved since doing this, been standing like this for two years or so. Only thing I should have done was put a backing on the back of the record units. In saying that to date its not been a problem.
    Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Everything has its place Grant. Everything is stable and nothing has moved since doing this, been standing like this for two years or so. Only thing I should have done was put a backing on the back of the record units. In saying that to date its not been a problem.
    Being 3 smaller units they will be much better stressed and stable. Fitted flush to wall and you dont reall need backboard.my cds are all over as units are not big enough or the same
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast