+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best way to test if an anti-static gun is still working?

I'm Steve.

Default Best way to test if an anti-static gun is still working?

Hi,

After hours of searching I finally found my trusty Milty Zerostat in a drawer. It no longer has the little plug-in thingamabob that goes in the nozzle, which if memory serves would indicate if the gun was "anti-static-erising" (tm) properly?

Does anyone know if the little plug-in things are available to buy separately? I can't be the first to lose one. Or alternatively if there's another foolproof way of testing the power, or otherwise of the gun?

Cheers,

Steve

I'm Hugo.

Point the thing at the palm of your hand, slowly squeeze the trigger and you should feel a cool 'breeze' if the thing is working. Also, if you operate it in a dark room, you should see a tiny blue glow at the end of the discharge pin.

I'm Geoff.

Yes,

use it to remove static! The results are pretty self evident!

Geoff

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammonite Acoustics View Post
    Point the thing at the palm of your hand, slowly squeeze the trigger and you should feel a cool 'breeze' if the thing is working. Also, if you operate it in a dark room, you should see a tiny blue glow at the end of the discharge pin.
    Good advice, although, try somewhere more tender (No! Not there).

Just where your wrist pulse is.... it will give to a very small tingle.

Don’t get addicted !

If you feel it"..............it’s working!

Peter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm richard.

Darkened room; place point within 2/3MM of metal object (eg door handle) and squeeze trigger - it should produce a very visible arc. I brought mine in 1976 and it still works.

I'm Steve.

Thanks Richard, that's tonight's project!

I'm Grant.

discharging it near tt when amp etc is on you should hear it too hitting stylus
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm guy.

gold leaf electroscope - you may be able to make your own version with a bit of metal foil and an insulating rod.

something like this?

https://youtu.be/3qyeQO1guKk
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Mike.

I test mine by trying it on the grandkids, mind you a 2nd test is never easy

I'm Paul.

Do it on your tongue like you used to with those big square batteries as a kid
    Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok, AT-F7
    Schiit Mani MK1 Phono Pre-Amp
    Nobsound NS-08P Bluetooth pre-amp
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps
    Tannoy T225 "Mayfair" speakers
    www.paulridgeblog.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast