+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Coming to a Venue Near You: On Tour Soon

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Default Coming to a Venue Near You: On Tour Soon

I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread where we can alert forum members to upcoming tours that others may not be aware of? (Not sure if this is the right room?) May be worth making it a sticky?

Anyway, to kick it off, my beloved Tina Dico is on tour in February - I know I've banged on about her a lot in the Spinning Today thread, but if female singer-songwriter's are up your street then you should check her out both live and recorded - maybe even live recorded

http://www.musicglue.com/tinadico

I can't wait!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Jan.

Glad that you enjoy one of our minor exports... well minor compared to beer, bacon, butter, cheese and lego that is.
    Personally I find her music a bit vanilla; a couple of catchy tunes but in general vanilla.
    But she is easy to the eye
    Jan.

Main: Touch -> Beresford Caiman II -> Carver A-500x -> B&W 704
    Office: Duet (Audiocom)
    -> Luxman L-210 -> Stax SR84 Pro
    -> Beresford Bushmaster -> Superlux HD668B

Server: A8-5500, 4 GB, SSD + 2*1 TB, Win8 w. SBS 7.9 (SQLite w. High Mem)
    Tied together by D-Link DIR-655 + DGS-1008D

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

Thanks Jan - well she's not quite as good as Lego, but otherwise she's top in my book! Oh yeah, she is gorgeous too, now you mention it - I hadn't noticed before!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Default Sophie Barker - Limited UK Dates

Well, what a success this idea for a thread turned out to be!

OK, I'll keep on with it!

Just ordered tickets to see Sophie Barker, one of the other female voices made "famous" by her appearances on early Zero7 albums, as well as working with Groove Armada, The Egg, Tocadisco, Grooverider and Bliss - and I've previously "banged on" about her 2005 debut solo album "Earthbound" (which is fab, but too short, at 34 minutes long! )

As well as the dates announced, "Seagull" the long awaited follow up to "Earthbound" is out on 9th May.

Here's the tour information:

17/05/11 Norwich (Arts Centre)
    19/05/11 London (Jazz Cafe)
    20/05/11 Nottingham (Bodega)
    23/05/11 Manchester (Band On The Wall)
    24/05/11 Bristol (Thekla)

Full details here
    Alex

Well, this thread continues to be a triumph...

The Sophie Barker tour appears to have been postponed until September - rather annoyingly, I haven't been advised by the venue, found out by accident! Luckily didn't find out on the night after travelling for best part of 2 hours... then I'd have been really peed off...
    Alex

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

11 out of 10 for sticking with it Alex Don't give up now m8 I don't know her but i sure as hell know a good few bands mentioned that she appears on
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

Thanks Mark! At least it will give me the chance to get to know her new album properly before the show.

Meanwhile, if anyone else knows of any forthcoming gigs that others may find of interest, please feel free to use this thread for the intended purpose...
    Alex

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Well I've just found this thread today - so I will maybe adding to it with tour news
    (however, like the Bargains on eBay thread, it could be a double edged sword by increasing the possible number of people who are scrabbling for tickets )

For instance, Tori Amos tickets go on sale tomorrow;

Nov 2
    London, UK
    Royal Albert Hall
    11th May - O2 Pre-sale
    12th May - Live Nation Pre-sale
    13th May - General on-sale
    www.ticketmaster.co.uk

Nov 4
    Manchester, UK
    Apollo
    48hr pre-sale - Wednesday 11th at 9am
    General onsale - Friday 13th at 9am
    www.gigsandtours.com

Nov 6
    Glasgow, UK
    Royal Concert Hall
    Pre-sale Wednesday 11th
    General onsale - Friday 13th
    www.gigsinscotland.com

Nov 8
    Belfast, UK
    Waterfront
    Onsale - May 12th at 9am local time - www.waterfront.co.uk

Nov 9
    Dublin, Eire
    Grand Canal Theatre
    Onsale - May 12th - www.ticketmaster.ie

I'm hoping to go to the RAH

"People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

Nice one Tim!

The spooky thing is, the only time I saw Tori Amos was before she hit the "big time" - at Norwich Arts Centre.

Thanks for the heads up on the tour.
    Alex

I'm Howard.

Christine Collister currently touring > http://www.christinecollister.com/gigs.html

Suzanne Vega (one of the finest live acts I've ever heard) has a rare UK date in a rather fine Hall > http://www.dartington.org/home

Richard Thompson returns to the UK in July > http://www.richardthompson-music.com/Tour.asp

John Mayall returns to UK touring in October > http://www.johnmayall.com/tour.html
    Well, hello.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast