+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The WAF and How To Get (Around) It

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Some of the sights you see on beaches, from both men and women, beggar belief!!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hahahahahaha... What exactly is that green 'hammock' thing there for?? You wouldn't be able to see his 'wee bobby' anyway!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Andrei.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    I would have been at a loss for words but I know what to say now:

Fair gies yi the dry boak!
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I have the excuse that I am getting on a bit and cannot do very much physically, but when younger, was pretty fit.
    I don't know your age Grant, but "getting on a bit" is an excuse I only give myself. I 'celebrated' my 66th yesterday and have no belly at all. I've had a few health problems, but seem to have worked (and I mean work) my way through them. We get less energetic over the winter and admit I felt unfit and slow this spring. I've since been forcing myself to undertake proper hard work around the house and garden and must say I feel pretty fit now. Oh and I don't eat like most blokes. Plenty of fruit, no meat, salad most days, cereal, etc., (still enjoy a beer and a fag though). I'm not big, 5ft 6" on a good day and currently weigh 11st (still 54" around the chest though).
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei View Post

I didn't realise you looked like that these days Andrei.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei View Post

You're learning fast! Yon wee lassie's landit a right growler, wi bigger paps than hur heid...

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Rich.

Growler mean something else entirely round this way. I.e. the butchers dustbin.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    So has no-one fessed up yet to having their pants bought by their wife?
    Marco.
    The other half buys just about all of my clothes. Not sure how that started. Possibly as my interest in clothes is that they are comfortable. I am bought stuff because I "need" whatever it is. Fashion icon I ain't
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Adam.

I can categorically state that I wear the trousers in our house. Obviously Mrs. B buys them, picks them out every morning and helps me put them on, but I definitely wear them...

Regarding the whole WAF speaker acceptance thing, I think I've stumbled onto a great money-making scheme, involving the Leak 3090 loudspeakers that I own which, as most of you probably know, are a tad on the large side and not exactly famous for their sleek styling. It goes like this:

1) Person selects new loudspeakers the he suspects will be given short shrift by the wife.
    2) Assuming said loudspeakers are smaller than the Leaks (most are, to be fair...), said person contacts me and for a cost of, let's say £50 plus petrol, I bring the Leaks round and install them in their lounge.
    3) SWMBO come in, sees them, goes mad.
    4) Argument ensues which ends with speaker buyer "begrudgingly" saying he'll compromise and go for something smaller and selects the speakers he really wants.
    5) Given the 99% chance that these will be smaller and prettier than the Leaks, SWMBO accepts.
    6) I return, collect the Leaks. Job done.

Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post
    The other half buys just about all of my clothes. Not sure how that started. Possibly as my interest in clothes is that they are comfortable. I am bought stuff because I "need" whatever it is. Fashion icon I ain't
    Lol, Mike... At least you're honest! Anyway, I think a lot of it is a generation thing

I simply couldn't imagine Del going out and buying me clothes - for starters, she'd tell me to fook off, stop being such a lazy git and do it myself! I think the last time anyone bought all my clothes for me, was my mum, when I was about ten.

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast