+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: who would build me a Geddon clone ?

I'm jamie.

Default who would build me a Geddon clone ?

hi,
    ive spent most of the day reading up about this subject and although there is loads of info on the subject i simply dont understand circuit diagrams,as this is a dangerous area to go in blind i thought perhaps one of you guys more experienced could advise/build it for me??

its for a rock elite 2 and id like it to be outside in its own case,like say a norton airpower psu.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Martin.

Ask Jez Arkless.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm jamie.

he's seen the thread,i await his response
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Jez.

Hi Jamie, Yep I can do that. A standard generic geddon clone yeah?
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm jamie.

i would guess so,ive read about upgrading the psu on lp12's or other turntables that share the same motor etc.
    i believe my rock uses this motor,will have to check.
    i can make the box for it to go in if thats easier. its all the diagrams and trnsformer info just goes over my head.
    also is the diy norton airpower a better option? http://norton-tech.co.uk/AirPower/APKit.htm

i did have one briefly for my lp12 a while back but i never got it to work (it was bought as not working) it was the single huge transformer version which was made to order.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    i would guess so,ive read about upgrading the psu on lp12's or other turntables that share the same motor etc.
    i believe my rock uses this motor,will have to check.
    i can make the box for it to go in if thats easier. its all the diagrams and trnsformer info just goes over my head.
    also is the diy norton airpower a better option? http://norton-tech.co.uk/AirPower/APKit.htm

i did have one briefly for my lp12 a while back but i never got it to work (it was bought as not working) it was the single huge transformer version which was made to order.
    If you supply the box and drill all the holes etc that would make it lots cheaper for you yes! Otherwise 2/3rds of the labour you are paying for would be for me to mark out, cut, file and drill etc....

The Norton looks dafter than the geddon to me....

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post

The Norton looks dafter than the geddon to me....
    ok so they are both a bad idea then?
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    ok so they are both a bad idea then?
    No comment. People seem to like them. Yes I can build you a geddon.

I'm Jez.

Not going for a geddon now then? I see you're discussing other options over on pfm.... A sine wave PSU is what I would recommend, as others are saying over there....

I'm jamie.

as i keep having to explain to people i dont understand electronics,i thought as there are so many experts on the web id be swamped with help and advice,after posting on 4 forums it seems i was wrong,one guy on pfm even asked me what i thought i should pay him!

your comment about,or should i say no comment remark about the norton and geddon being daft kinda put me off.

i was just looking for a better psu option than currenty whats fitted to my rock turntable,no one has given me any options or prices to date.

perhaps i shouldn't bother?
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast