+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What Is Your Favourite Bit of Kit?

I'm Brian.

Having just got my Densen B310 power amp back from Densen after a full recap I now realise how much I missed it (3 months) sounds great, so right now this is my favourite bit of kit but as you've all said, it's only part of the story and any part of a loved set up would be hard to part with.

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonata8068 View Post
    Having just got my Densen B310 power amp back from Densen after a full recap I now realise how much I missed it (3 months) sounds great, so right now this is my favourite bit of kit but as you've all said, it's only part of the story and any part of a loved set up would be hard to part with.
    Densen's a bit special.
    Love my DM20 Preamp, like yourself I sent my amp back to Denmark and had it recapped, fully serviced etc etc.
    Basically everything that had drifted out of spec in the 20 odd years since it was made.

Turns out they replaced every cap and all the transformers, so practically a new amp.
    Love it....and its good, but not my favourite.

That has to be my custom built 300B SET power amp.
    Better than a big chunk of anything commercial and made even more special with my choice of 300B output tubes, I absolutely love it.
    The combination of the Densen Pre and the SET power amp is something else.
    They just make music sound real.

Thinking about it, I'd have to say 'my amp' (combined pre and power) is my favourite component.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Grant.

not fussed with any of it

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andrew.

I have a pair of Chord amplifiers that were used at the Royal Opera House. You must have seen them on ebay there's hundreds of them. I just like the fact that they have a history. (or do they?) crikey I don't know. but they sound much better than my Rega Mira.

I'm Shane.

I don't really have a favourite. Listed below in Non-alphabetical order, are kit that I value.

CD Players:
    Sony CDP-X777es- Built like a tank, and just plain luxurious!
    Linn Karik III- Lovely CD Player, with an analogue like sound.
    Linn Mimik
    Rega Planet MK1.

Speakers:
    Acoustic Energy AE1- [B]Excellent sounding speakers. Can play very loud, and retain their composure very well.
    Audio Note AN-J
    ATC SCM20 (SL)- Similar style to the AE1.

Amplifiers:

NVA AP10H Headphone amp- Good value for money! Can drive just about any headphone you care to throw at it!
    Sugden A21a- Very clean and musical sound.
    Cyrus 8VS2 +PSX-R- Direct sound and explicitly musical.
    Audio Analogue Puccini SE.
    Naim Nait 3.
    Naim Nait 5i.

Headphones:
    AKG K701.
    Grado SR80.
    Sennheiser HD600.

S.

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    not fussed with any of it

if you can put on an album and enjoy it....you've arrived.
    Must admit, dont obsess over kit as much as I used to either.
    Last edited by Gazjam; 08-04-2017 at 20:35.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Michael.

My Denon 350SE amp which Geoff recommended so much more musical than the Nad 3020e I had for 25 years !! Love the Denon so much got one for the spare room both off eBay around £40 each mint with manuals etc

I'm Russell.

I've updated my profile to show all of my system, and I love it all! But, as an Audiophile I am willing to replace any of it at a moment's notice! The only part I would never part with is my Magnum Dynalab FT-101 tuner. An FM only tuner that is just superb, I will never part with it for any reason. Upon my death I will have it mounted in my coffin with an arial on my tomb stone.

But, more recently I came across the Krell FPB-300, and I doubt I will ever part with that either. If I do, it will be a long time from now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Andrew.

Tannoy MG 15" speakers - superb.

my highly modded lenco75 is also my current favourite bit of kit.

A modded Shure M55e is also pretty high on the list.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Adam.

My Garrard 301 was bought new by my uncle in 1964 and is my absolute pride and joy.

In fact I feel rather guilty that it hasn't had a look-in since I bought the Nak TX-1000...
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast