+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bose Soundwave

I'm James.

Default Bose Soundwave

a bloke at work mentioned he was looking to buy some new hifi gear and asked if id heard a Bose soundwave, i turned my nose up but then it occurred to me that i havnt heard one, are they any good? jim
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Grant.

Very dependant on what youve heard before. In their own way they are quite good if overpriced. But i thought my son,s midi denon player and speakers was a fair bit better. Mind you it wasnt cheap at time either.over £300
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Friend of mne sold his 70s Pioneer stack and bought a Bose thingy with CD player, radio etc. He hasn't stopped moaning about it since..

To my ears, it sounds like it looks - a big plastic radio. No magic at all and I suppose it is expensive.

I'm James.

the soundwave 5 is around 600 squid so that could get decent budget gear new or some really good 2nd hand stuff.
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Martin.

He would be out of his mind to spend £600 on one, it's a decent kitchen radio but it ain't hi-fi by a long chalk.

£600 would put him a great system together, if he won't consider used kit (and some won't) point him to Richer Sounds.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Dave.

Practically all you are paying for is marketing.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    He would be out of his mind to spend £600 on one, it's a decent kitchen radio but it ain't hi-fi by a long chalk.
    That's my take on it too.

Likely assembled from components sourced from China for a fraction of the item retail price. They make a big thing of this 'Soundwave' idea, but it's actually old technology. A truncated transmission line cabinet. God knows what it's tuned to, 16th wavelength maybe?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    That's my take on it too.

Likely assembled from components sourced from China for a fraction of the item retail price. They make a big thing of this 'Soundwave' idea, but it's actually old technology. A truncated transmission line cabinet. God knows what it's tuned to, 16th wavelength maybe?
    According to this https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=...page&q&f=false you've got two full range drivers, one carries both bass channels below 200hz and drives a 34 inch line, the other either just does the other channel above 200 hz or runs full range. It isn't clear to me. Bass extension down to 70hz is claimed.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martyn.

BOSE domestic products. 'Bullshit often sells Excrement'

BOSE talk up their products to an incredible extent

BOSE: Prof. audio products. 'No highs. No lows. That's BOSE'

BOSE prof. speakers don't have any real bass or clear highs.
    The cheaper PA speakers run small coned drivers boosted by
    an Equaliser.

Remember the BOSE 901?

I'm Rob.

This always makes me laugh

Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast