+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help please..with new R2R tape purchase

I'm Dee.

Default Help please..with new R2R tape purchase

Hi all.. I have a Teac X1000R that I want to purchase new tapes for... I would prefer to buy brand new tapes as opposed to NOS. Any pointers on where to look?.....
    System... THORENS TD160 Super in Purpose built plinth.

SME 3009 S2 improved ,Van Den Hul hybrid interconnect and rewired by J7 at Audio Origami with Vdh silver wire.

ARKLESS 640P Phono amp..Currently using Denon Dl103
    But have Denon dl110 HoMc cartridge....Shure v15 111. as reserves

YAMAHA Cr2020 receiver overhauled and upgraded by Select 45rpm

Denon dvd 3910(transport) Monarchy Audio M22C Dac..
    Monarchy Audio Dip Classic

Tannoy Cheviot speakers ( cones and surround replaced by Lockwood)

TEAC X1000R r2r

I'm Chris.

Try this thread.

Its in the Reel to Reel area.

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...vailable-today
    Turntable : Project 2 Xperience Tone Arm & Cartridge : Project 9c Ortofon 2M Blue Phono Stage : Project Phono Box SE II Digital Source :Primare CD21 Integrated Amp : Primare I30 Speakers : ProAc 110 Headphones : Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro

Revox A77 MK IV 2 track 15 & 7 1/2 IPS
    TEAC A-3300SX 4 track 7 1/2 & 3 3/4 IPS
    Akai 4000DS MkII

I'm Peter.

I buy all my new tapes from tape city. Sales@tapecity.co.uk
    Great quality tape and fast service. reasonable prices to.

You can purchase either reels or bare hubs.

Peter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Dee View Post
    Hi all.. I have a Teac X1000R that I want to purchase new tapes for... I would prefer to buy brand new tapes as opposed to NOS. Any pointers on where to look?.....
    Nice R2R
    As CAS stated I did a thread on thsi in the R2R section
    I strongly recommend all of the RTM tapes my favorite being the LPR90

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Bear in mind you will need to have the machine calibrated to whichever tape you decide to use for best performance.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Dee.

Hi Cas, thanks for the info ...just what I wanted...Dee

SME 3009 S2 improved ,Van Den Hul hybrid interconnect and rewired by J7 at Audio Origami with Vdh silver wire.

TEAC X1000R r2r

I'm Dee.

Hi Alan ..what's the difference between LPR90 and LPR35...I have always used Teacs EE tape and was wondering
    what tape would be a good alternative...

TEAC X1000R r2r

I'm inthescottishmafia.

The 35 is a standard bias tape, the 90 is high output.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Peter.

You guys must have ears like BATS. I personally can't tell the difference between LPR90 & LPR35 as long as you adjust the bias accordingly. My RTR has that facility (Pioneer RT909) Maybe yes, if you have a recording studio but not for home recordings. Most of my stuff is recorded from 11Mhz DSD so difficult to tell. Both tapes are good

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Dee View Post
    Hi Alan ..what's the difference between LPR90 and LPR35...I have always used Teacs EE tape and was wondering
    what tape would be a good alternative...
    Hi Dee
    Th SM 900 is their premium studio master tape and the LPR 90 is the same formulation on a thinner tape to make it long play they are both high output and the SM 900 up to +9db so can be hit really hard and sounds superb sweet treble with excellent bass the LPR90 has a very similar sound so excellent value for money.
    The LPR35 is the long play version of the SM911 and is also excellent not a great deal in it but the LPR35 sounds a bit thinner to me and you cant record it as as higher level as the LPR90 but still very good tape +6dB
    They are all 320 nWb/m

Your X1000 lists the LPR35 as a compatible tape on the LH-1 setting and I bet the LPR 90 would work great as well, try it on the EE setting as that was meant for high output
    As Ali says its always best to calibrate specifically for a tape type but try it and if it sounds good leave well alone

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast