+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The lovely Sennheiser HD650

I'm Hugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_LDT View Post
    Have only ever had the HD600's but have been very happy with them. Can't see myself forking out for anything in the upper range as I rarely use headphones really as I prefer speakers, plus with having to wear glasses it can get uncomfortable after time. The thick comfy pads on the 600's are great, by far the best I've tried for comfort but at the end of the day it's still the pressure of them pushing the frames into my head.

You don't need to wear glasses when listening to music surely?

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_LDT View Post
    Have only ever had the HD600's but have been very happy with them. Can't see myself forking out for anything in the upper range as I rarely use headphones really as I prefer speakers, plus with having to wear glasses it can get uncomfortable after time. The thick comfy pads on the 600's are great, by far the best I've tried for comfort but at the end of the day it's still the pressure of them pushing the frames into my head.
    My Oppos are the most comfortable Ive worn to poit that I forget they are on, and thats with glasses. not sure how they manage it tbh.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by narabdela View Post
    You don't need to wear glasses when listening to music surely?
    Well, I could not wear them I guess but as I need to wear them 24/7 (well, other than sleeping) it's just very strange not wearing them at all. Plus I tend to have the liner notes out when using 'phones or if listening more casually I'll be browsing the net while listening.

I'm Jez.

I have the similar HD580's and have found them very comfortable for any amount of time. I use them mainly for AV use as I much prefer the presentation of speakers for music. The sound is excellent with a slight lack of "sparkle" and "air" being my only real criticism. Strangely, I have found that this is largely cured and a better sound obtained if I press the phones onto my ears, compressing the foam ear cushions so that the drivers are closer to my ears. I have proved to my own satisfaction that this is NOT due to better sealing around the ears or a slight increase in volume. It's not practical to sit holding them like that of course and it is only a smallish-improvement....
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Shane.

I'm really enjoying listening to my music through the HD650.

My ears tells me, these have a nice BIG, wall of sound kind of presentation. Some may find the HD650 lacking some air and width etc. In exchange you get a lovely detailed, yet inoffensive sound.

Great VFM!!

S.

I'm Russell.

The HD650 offers a lot for the price. In a world filled with $1500 and $2000 headphones, I feel the HD650 is hitting above its price point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    The HD650 offers a lot for the price. In a world filled with $1500 and $2000 headphones, I feel the HD650 is hitting above its price point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HD650 also do a great job at social climbing (In the world of headphones)

S.
    Last edited by southall-1998; 07-07-2017 at 12:24.

I'm Mike.

I use a pair of 650's nearly every day, music and PC use, I'm waiting on a set of B&W P7 Wireless arriving today so be interesting to hear the difference. Bought so I could listen to music while the rest of them watch the telly and for holiday use.

Don't think I'll get rid of the 650's they're just too good but being open backed has its disadvantages.

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    I use a pair of 650's nearly every day, music and PC use, I'm waiting on a set of B&W P7 Wireless arriving today so be interesting to hear the difference. Bought so I could listen to music while the rest of them watch the telly and for holiday use.

Don't think I'll get rid of the 650's they're just too good but being open backed has its disadvantages.
    Yes, they leak quite a bit!

S.

I'm Kevin.

The HD540 Reference models offer a more honest presentation, but I still use my HD650 more.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast