+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meet ups in Sussex anyone??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Dave.

Most people play music, they don't listen to it. These days it seems that these people who play music do so when doing other things, background music whilst cooking, driving, running, etc. They cant understand why you would want to sit down facing a load of big/ small boxes and just listen.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by jollyfix View Post
    Most people play music, they don't listen to it. These days it seems that these people who play music do so when doing other things, background music whilst cooking, driving, running, etc. They cant understand why you would want to sit down facing a load of big/ small boxes and just listen.
    True.

Mind you I was at a mate's the other night, few people there playing Scrabble. There was background music on but it was interesting that a lot of people commented on the music - not the sound quality, but the music - on a number of occasions. So people clearly were listening even though it wasn't the purpose of the 'event'. None of them are hi-fi enthusiasts though, although the system was quite decent.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    True.

Mind you I was at a mate's the other night, few people there playing Scrabble. There was background music on but it was interesting that a lot of people commented on the music - not the sound quality, but the music - on a number of occasions. So people clearly were listening even though it wasn't the purpose of the 'event'. None of them are hi-fi enthusiasts though, although the system was quite decent.
    Sorry for the thread drift Simon ( I may have to start a new thread). You are right Martin, i have seen similar, but not that often . Do you think the system used made people more aware of the music ? What was playing?

I'm Simon.

Sorry for the thread drift Simon ( I may have to start a new thread). You are right Martin, i have seen similar, but not that often . Do you think the system used made people more aware of the music ? What was playing?
    No that's alright. I tend to think I'd rather be listening to my hi fi when cooking etc, then something which doesn't sound as good. i agree listening to hi fi is best done sitting in the right spot between the speakers like I mostly often do, but I can enjoy it just as much when bumbling around my flat doing different things, because if you have good soundstage the sound is all over the place anyway.

I'm Paul.

Yep,
    I live in Eastbourne and am always pleased to see that there are others fairly local, a get together would be great idea if anyone was to organise one then I would be only to pleased to visit see and hear other peoples systems, cant do one at the moment as I am speaker less

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by p147 View Post
    Yep,
    I live in Eastbourne and am always pleased to see that there are others fairly local, a get together would be great idea if anyone was to organise one then I would be only to pleased to visit see and hear other peoples systems, cant do one at the moment as I am speaker less
    looks like a SEBO ,could be on the cards.... great.

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by p147 View Post
    Yep,
    Hi p147
    What hi fi stuff do you have out of interest. A snooker fan -147?
    Simon

I'm Paul.

Hello Simon, I have over the last year(since coming back to Hi-Fi from A/V) have been putting together a vintage Pioneer Urushi Reference system, the only items I have to replace is the turntable and also get some new speakers now that I have sold my Dynaudio ones, but all in good time.
    As for the 147 no not really a snooker fan, but is an old door number where I used to live
    Once system is put together then may have a bakeoff. f
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamics View Post
    Hi p147
    What hi fi stuff do you have out of interest. A snooker fan -147?
    Simon

I'm Martin.

Iron Maiden when I got there, later they had some Dubby/Reggae thing going on.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Ian.

Hi Simon, I'm in Pulborough, West Sussex. You are welcome to come over any time to have a listen and tea or coffee. Turntable is in dry dock at the moment as the arm is away being rewired but when it comes back I'd be happy to demo it. Offer extended to like minded members by the way.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast