+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Yamaha ns1000m

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    Ha yeah, I guess that was with the threaded bar in the chuck of a drill against a disk sander - does work well though.

There are two ideas behind tilting them back; 1/ it brings the drive units closer to being time aligned and 2/ it means the listening axis is moved to be between the mid and tweeter which is optimal for the NS-1000M.
    lol yep you've guessed it,i stuck a nut on the threaded rod to act as a stop to do the remove the thread nice and even.

what ever tilting them back does it has improved them a lot,i have them at about 1.5 degrees,it seems to have had an affect on separation between instruments,they are clearly defined. does this follow your findings?
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    what ever tilting them back does it has improved them a lot,i have them at about 1.5 degrees,it seems to have had an affect on separation between instruments,they are clearly defined. does this follow your findings?
    Yes, I found it made quite a big difference. Individual elements within the stereo image seem better focussed and more separated - I think this is what you are also describing.

You can do quite a lot to build on the sound of the Yammies whilst improving on the bass etc. Try replacing the wooden balls with steel ones (I know you intend to do this). Replace the spring clip terminals with proper binding posts (you can buy conversion kits on eBay). I did elaborate bracing to the back of the bass driver and a bunch of other stuff - it depends how much you want, or are prepared, to do.
    Account Deleted

+ Reply to Thread