+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 100 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Moode Player Help

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Acousticmood View Post
    I am running 2.5 on two different setups both RPI 2 one with duriosound dual mono and one with Hifiberry DAC + pro.

I switched from Volumio. I've tried a dozen times and a dozen variations but can't map my NAS drives.

They show through my computer and through FTP but when trying to mount them through the GUI. On my iPad or iPhone nothing but a red x.

I've read somewhere that the Western Digitial passport drives might be the problem?
    An IT expert friend tells me it might be an issue with the router (Linksys WRT 1900 AC)

Can someone tell me where to go to trouble shoot this? I have limited Linux skills but can SSH into the pi to make changes if that will help.

Thanks,

George
    Hi George,

It's usually the entry in the Remote directory field that causes issue. It cannot have a leading / slash.

When u map a drive to it from your PC what do u enter for path to the server. For example:

(1) Windows
    z: \\MyServer\public\music

(2) Mac
    cifs://MyServer/public/music
    smb://MyServer/public/music:

-Tim

I'm George.

GUI.jpgmapping.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
    Hi George,

It's usually the entry in the Remote directory field that causes issue. It cannot have a leading / slash.

When u map a drive to it from your PC what do u enter for path to the server. For example:

(1) Windows
    z: \\MyServer\public\music

(2) Mac
    cifs://MyServer/public/music
    smb://MyServer/public/music:

-Tim
    Here are two pictures - t"he first showing my mapping path from the computer to the drive and the second from the GUI. It doesn't show up but the error message is "last mount error username specified with no parameter" I don't use a username / password to access these drives.

I'm Tim.

GUI.jpgmapping.jpg

Here are two pictures - t"he first showing my mapping path from the computer to the drive and the second from the GUI. It doesn't show up but the error message is "last mount error username specified with no parameter" I don't use a username / password to access these drives.
    Hi George,

If I recall correctly, Windows defaults to sending the PC's logon userid/pwd with a drive mapping unless its specified to use another credentials.

I would try the following:

Remote directory = allmusic/Flac
    Userid = Windows PC logon userid
    Password = Windows PC logon password

-Tim

I'm George.

Thanks Tim I do t normally use the computer because the drive is attached to the router and the computer isn't on.

I tried your suggestion though and here is the error message I got:

Mount error (115): Operation now in progress
    Refer to the mount.cifs (8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

Thanks,

George

I'm Tim.

Thanks Tim I do t normally use the computer because the drive is attached to the router and the computer isn't on.

I tried your suggestion though and here is the error message I got:

Mount error (115): Operation now in progress
    Refer to the mount.cifs (8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

Thanks,

George
    Hi George,

The mount errors aren't very informative. Send email to tim at moodeaudio dot org and I'll help troubleshoot.

-Tim

I'm Tim.

Hi,

Moode 2.6 Test Release 1 (TR1) is available for download at moodeaudio.org under the TEST CODE button.

This TR includes support for the new Raspberry Pi 3 and is built on moodeOS 1.0 the new J-Lite based operating system for Moode Audio Player. Additional features included in TR1 are listed below. Refer to the release notes for details.

- NEW: WiFi automatic Access Point (AP) mode
    - NEW: Airplay metadata and cover art
    - NEW: USB storage devices auto-mounted by disk label
    - NEW: Network configuration system
    - NEW: Auto-configuration system

NOTE only a few WiFi adapters support AP mode. Pi 3 integrated adapter and Canakit WiFi adapter were used for testing.

Be sure to read the updated Setup instructions to learn how to make use of the new capabilities. SSH logon is now pi@moode (pwd=raspberry). Preface all cmds with sudo :-)

Enjoy!

Regards,
    Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm George.

Quote Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
    Hi George,

The mount errors aren't very informative. Send email to tim at moodeaudio dot org and I'll help troubleshoot.

-Tim
    Email sent. Thank you

I'm Tim.

Hi,

Moode 2.6 Test Release 2 (TR2) is available for download at moodeaudio.org under the TEST CODE button.

This TR is primarily a bug fix release to address issues reported in TR1 but it does include some some great new commercial-free, listener-supported radio stations and the addition of sample/bit rate displayed on Playback panel as part of the extra metadata.

Like the previous test release, TR2 includes support for the new Raspberry Pi 3 and is built on moodeOS 1.0 the new J-Lite based operating system for Moode Audio Player. Features included in TR2 are listed below. Refer to the release notes for details.

- NEW: WiFi automatic Access Point (AP) mode
    - NEW: Airplay metadata and cover art
    - NEW: USB storage devices auto-mounted by disk label
    - NEW: Network configuration system
    - NEW: Auto-configuration system
    - UPD: bump to Linux kernel 4.4.8

1) Fixes to bugs reported for TR1:

- FIX: NFS mount fails because rpcbind not enabled at boot
    - FIX: Ext4 file system fails to auto-mount
    - FIX: Channel swap can occur when Pi 3 + I2S + 16 bit audio

2) Moode users have reported the following adapters work in AP mode.

- Raspberry Pi 3 integrated WiFi adapter
    - Canakit WiFi Adapter
    - Raspberry Pi USB WiFi Dongle
    - WiFi adapters based on RTL RT5370 chipset

3) Console login userid=pi, password=raspberry. Preface all cmds with sudo.

4) I'm specifically looking for feedback on whether the USB(UAC2) issues are fixed in Linux kernel 4.4.8

Be sure to read the updated Setup instructions to learn how to make use of the new capabilities.

Enjoy!

Regards,
    Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Grant.

Got that installedcTim.... Does switching on airplay switch off samba? And exactly what does the airplay do?
    Sorry if those questions seem daft but i am
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm George.

i installed the new version and it wouldn't connect on my iPad . Tried the IP address and mode.local to no avail.

Reinstalled r25 image and it worked - that's weird.
    Last edited by Acousticmood; 30-04-2016 at 15:57.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 100 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast