+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Rega Planar 3 Turntable - Heavily Upgraded

I'm Russell.

Default FS: Rega Planar 3 Turntable - Heavily Upgraded

Due to me mostly listening to streaming platforms these days, I’ve decided to reduce my analogue set ups to the solitary LP12 I have downstairs, so I’m letting this upgraded Rega Planar 3 go.

In great condition as can be seen, it’s had extensive improvements to it, most noticeably the ‘Groovetracer’ bearing and sub platter mod which uses a double drive belt so this deck is now 33rpm only.

Another upgrade is the ‘Iron Audio’ Delrin platter which obviously adds density over the original Rega glass platter.

It comes with the original RB300 (with tungsten counterweight) arm which is in great condition as well. I’ve added the Nagaoka MP11 cartridge with a relatively new (20 hrs or so) MP110 stylus so this turntable is now singing.

No slip mat (I was using with an Origin Live mat which is now on my LP12) however I know these are quite subjective anyway.

Comes with the original, smoked lid which is in good shape for its age with one small scuff on the top that I’ve tried to show in a photograph.

I do have the original box and packaging, however, having had issues before in shipping turntables, this really is pick up from me in Cambridgeshire or I can deliver personally between there and Northampton as I work there regularly (other destinations may be possible depending on proximity).

A lovely example of a well respected deck that has been pimped to provide even more performance. All the mods alone would cost in excess of £370 which is what I’m after for the whole deck as you see it in the photo’s.

I'm Russell.

A St Valentine’s bump...

I'm Russell.

Open to offers bump if you think I’m out on price???

Would also be interested in swapping for a better DAC with cash your way for the right piece?

I'm Russell.

£350 price reduction bump

I'm Russell.

SSTP

+ Reply to Thread