+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: The ALLO Audio music steamer - Pic heavy review

I'm Dave.

Daft hobby!...

Further listening to the Pi & Piano today and I removed the short across the inductor. Sounded better without it!
    Then added the KALI and it sounded better still.
    Now the strange thing is that 1/2 hour into the listening sesh the sound suddenly opened up. WTH is going on here - I really don't want to believe in running-in of components, but?!

Anyway, I am now very happy wih the Allo Allo stuff.
    Next step is to get my filters programmed iinto purepath and see what benefits can be had from getting rid of my analogue (discrete) active crossover.
    Last edited by Starterman; 14-11-2016 at 21:33.

I'm rupert.

Quote Originally Posted by Audiohdwr View Post
    ironic question coming from a Rothchild ( Rothschild)

we offer 50% off your purchase to the first 5 AOS members.
    all we ask for is REAL feedback on sound quality.

list starts now.
    Hi, Is this offer still valid ? I currently have an Audiophonics.fr Gen. 2 and wouldn't mind comparing it to the Allo.

Greetings
    Ru

I'm allo.

Quote Originally Posted by Starterman View Post
    That's exactly what I did!

Please be very, very careful not to touch the caps on either side of the inductor with the croc clip - one end of each cap is ground and if you short to that end something will go pop!

Some heavy modding going on here
    any pics would be nice to see what you guys are doing.
    i would like to be able to share with our engineers so that I can give you some clear answers on some of the comments i read form Starterman and Jonners.

I'm allo.

Quote Originally Posted by r100 View Post
    Hi, Is this offer still valid ? I currently have an Audiophonics.fr Gen. 2 and wouldn't mind comparing it to the Allo.

Greetings
    Ru
    yes sure.
    please PM me

I'm John.

Some heavy modding going on here
    any pics would be nice to see what you guys are doing.
    i would like to be able to share with our engineers so that I can give you some clear answers on some of the comments i read form Starterman and Jonners.
    Nothing heavy, and I think we both finally preferred the Piano as it is!

I'm Josie.

Hi Andre.

I have wondered if the 2.1 could be modded (via hardware or software) to use both dacs monolithically instead of having one dac chip dormant if a sub isn't used?

Just a little thought..
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Dave.

yes sure.
    please PM me
    Oh how annoying, I ordered mine because I thought this offer was fully subscribed
    It brings to mind the old saying "If you don't ask you don't get".

On the subject of modding, it would be interesting if you could post up the power supply arrangements. i.e. the power flow from KALI via the 2 onboard inductors and to the Piano. I can understand the value of isolating different parts from noise but sometimes low impedance gives a better sound (those inductors have a DCR of 2.4 Ohms) especially for those of us using a nice low noise linear 5V supply.

PS: I am Dave S on DIYAudio, so keen to use the DSP filters built into the 5142!

I'm allo.

have asked the engineers on the 2 last questions above... will have answer soon.

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Starterman View Post
    I also might try the KALI with the IQ DAC - this will need the 3V3 supply rerouting through from the Pi or somewhere.
    Have you tried this Dave? I'm thinking of having a go myself, running a 3v3 regulator off the Kali 5v header to supply the DAC. Question is, where to connect the 3v3 to the DAC? My inclination is to go to pins 1 and 17 on the IQ header, what do you think?

I'm allo.

hello ,
    please see replies here:

Starterman:
    Kali and and Piano have on board individual filter circuit for the main 5v input and ultra low noise and high pssr LDOs.

Balck Adder:
    We can control L&R as well as sub RCA connectors by software ... i can show you how.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast