+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Meet ups in Sussex anyone??

I'm Martin.

Hi Dennis, you should consider getting along to NEBO at the start of May. Not that far up the M1 for you.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Ian.

Hi Simon, I'm in Pulborough, West Sussex. You are welcome to come over any time to have a listen and tea or coffee. Turntable is in dry dock at the moment as the arm is away being rewired but when it comes back I'd be happy to demo it. Offer extended to like minded members by the way.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Dennis.

You are welcome to visit p147, as are other members.

My home is not (as on the HDD forum) showing immaculate décor and minimalism, everything is transitional and I am not wealthy enough to just - get it all done. This of course illustrates what a sound nut I am, most would have spent much more on the home and less on the sound equipment, especially if married.

I also do not have transport other than my bicycle, because as you no doubt know everything on the coast is so prone to corrosion, my need is low, and I have a bus pass to Brighton and Eastbourne.

I'm Martin.

I thought you were in Sleaford Lincs, my mistake.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Rick.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamics View Post
    Hi Rick

I'd be interested in that. I'd be very interested in seeing what a Hugo would do in my system. What do you have kit wise? Maybe you could come round mine, or when visiting your friend in hh. Come together if you like. Would be good to know anyone else in Haywards Heath into hi fi.

Let us know if you fancy it. My system is quite nice and a bit of a demo for cyrus and pmc. The new 25-23s I have are fantastic speakers. I see lots of people (from forums) who have used Hugo's with cyrus.

Simon
    Hi Simon, I'm sure we can sort something out I might be away for the next couple of weeks so hopefully after that. I'll gladly bring the Hugo round. Cheers Rick.

I'm Simon.

Ok thanks look forward to it, let us know when you are ready. Interesting to know what your hi fi is, don't think you said. Simon

I'm Rick.

It's in my profile "About me" section

Looking forward to it.

I'm Graham.

H Rick.

Hows the giant headphones sounding ?
    Analogue. Basis signature 2200,Basis Vector 4.Koetsu Red,Koetsu SUT,NVO SPA 11.
    Digital. Denon 2900,Jolida FX 11
    Amp. Pathos Logos,Minidsp dirac 22A.
    Speakers. Amphion Xenon.
    Airlink CBS 2000 bps

I'm Rick.

Quote Originally Posted by GJO View Post
    H Rick.

Hows the giant headphones sounding ?
    Hi Graham! They are fine thanks, but I killed one of my amps by shorting the output when reconnecting the to the left speaker. This was due to not being able to see about said headphone! I'm using the Art Audio amp at the moment, but it hasn't really got the control of the monoblocks. You'll have to pop round if I can get them fixed. I don't think you heard the Puresound L300 did you?

How's things up north in Kent?

I'm Graham.

Yes,you had the L300 running when I last came round,would doubt the Arts could control the bass drivers very well,them's a big pair of headphones.
    Since you last came around here,have changed the phono stage and added a DSP set up,systems sounds quite a bit different now I have cured the bottom end peaks and trough's.
    Hope you get the amps fixed.
    G.
    Analogue. Basis signature 2200,Basis Vector 4.Koetsu Red,Koetsu SUT,NVO SPA 11.
    Digital. Denon 2900,Jolida FX 11
    Amp. Pathos Logos,Minidsp dirac 22A.
    Speakers. Amphion Xenon.
    Airlink CBS 2000 bps

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast