+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First LP Album or CD

I'm James.

Default First LP Album or CD

Can anyone remember the very first LP or CD they bought many years back?

I clearly remember buying my first LP or should I say LPs. I had some birthday money and had been planning on which albums to buy so I went to the HMV store in Wolverhampton in 1976 and bought the following:

Led Zep - The Song Remains the Same
    Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
    Queen - A night at the Opera
    Vangelis - Heaven and Hell!

Must have cost me all my birthday cash and some back then!

First CD - 1985

Dire Straits -Brothers in arms.

I only play Wish You were here now all these years later.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Steve.

First single, January '72

First album March '73

First CD, January 1990

Strange that I can't remember what I was doing this morning.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    First single, January '72

First album March '73

First CD, January 1990

Strange that I can't remember what I was doing this morning.
    Yes its funny how you can remember stuff way back especially the first record you bought but day to day stuff is a struggle.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Steve.

I'm sorry what were we talking about?

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm guy.

Tommy - the Who (cassette). 15th birthday or Christmas present along with a Philips cassette recorder
    Olias of Sunhillow - Jon Anderson (LP). At work and bought my first “stereo”

Still have both, haven’t listened to either for over 40 years

Really can’t remember which CD, rather late to them and most bought from charity shops
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Martin.

First LP 'Love Over Gold' in 1984, although I gave the money to my mother to buy it for me as I was at work at my Saturday job in the supermarket.

I got home looking forward to listening to it and my cousin was visiting, she'd already opened it and was half way through side 2.

First CD was - I'm pretty sure - Primal Scream 'Vanishing Point' in 1997. It was the first album I wanted that did not have a vinyl release. I realised then that the writing was on the wall for vinyl. Not long after the local record shop stopped stocking it altogether.

I had to buy a CD player to listen to it since I didn't own one up to then.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Robin.

Revolver
    Regards
    Robin

Origin Live Calypso MK5 turntable, Origin Live Onyx tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Beatles for Sale 1964

The second LP was

Beatles - 'Rubber Soul' 1965

And the third

Beatles - 'Revolver' 1966

Can't remember the first CDs - I chose 5 titles as part of a 'bundle' that came with my first CD player: a Philips CD104B.
    Barry

I'm Mike.

say it quietly, a Shakin' stevens LP, it was on cassette, does that count? Think I was about 12. First vinyl LP? Can't remember, I'm not much use on this thread am I? Possibly some mod revival shite.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    say it quietly, a Shakin' stevens LP, it was on cassette, does that count? Think I was about 12. First vinyl LP? Can't remember, I'm not much use on this thread am I? Possibly some mod revival shite.
    "There's a man with a van, playing John Cale records, behind the green door"

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast