+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Project 1200

I'm Alex.

Sanding progress:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Alex.

Looking much better now after plenty of sanding:

I decided to remove the angular edging whilst sanding, hopefully this minor detail will make it appear more elegant:

Unfortunately I need to do a bit more filling as a small exothermic reaction occurred while the resin cured:

Bigman80 Guest

Holy!!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Russell.

So once you've got it sanded, how do you plan to paint it? If you are handy with an airbrush, you can use something like Testors Enamel paint for model cars. They've got some right awesome metallics and metalflakes. And an enamel finish would be durable and look professional. They make spray jars with a pressurized top, pour the paint in the jar and and screw the top on, and it works like a spray can. Or! Cover it with gold leaf! And paint clear over that, so it looks like a solid gold brick! Just tossing some ideas out there, I can't see the last 3 pictures for some reason? But it looks like you've got it going on!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Russell.

I see them now, use some automotive glazing for a final fill over that epoxy, it sands super smooth. Take a plastic card and wipe the entire 'table, just like it were a motorcycle tank. To level it out perfectly smooth all over, and accepts most kinds of paint, makes a good base for any kind of paint you may use, urethane, enamel. Lacquer, or Auto-Air. But you already know that, not sure why I feel the need to tell you what you already know. I live vicariously through others.

I'm Alex.

My initial plan was to attempt the spraying myself, a friendly painter at work though has kindly offered his services so it will be done professionally meaning it should be at a far higher standard than I'd achieve. I'm currently thinking a piano black finish would both look nice and tie in well with rest of my kit.

I'm Paul.

I'd really like to see someone do the "stealth bomber" finish on it, a bit like on this great HTC phone (which I still have, btw) :

I love that angular asymmetric finish
    Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok, AT-F7
    Schiit Mani MK1 Phono Pre-Amp
    Nobsound NS-08P Bluetooth pre-amp
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps
    Tannoy T225 "Mayfair" speakers
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm Alex.

Today I managed to quickly fill the filling! I also filled some very minor imperfections in the metal, these would probably have been taken care of by the primer but thought I may as well make sure while I'm at it. I tried sanding at the end of the day but it hadn't quite cured yet:

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by alcarmichael View Post
    My initial plan was to attempt the spraying myself, a friendly painter at work though has kindly offered his services so it will be done professionally meaning it should be at a far higher standard than I'd achieve. I'm currently thinking a piano black finish would both look nice and tie in well with rest of my kit.
    Very cool! Yes a slick black finish will look very sophisticated. And you can't beat a man at his own game, a pro painter will make a world of difference. I can't wait to see it!

I'm Richie.

Looking good!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast