+ Reply to Thread
Page 225 of 310 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235275 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 3091

Thread: Justin & Jerry's Hifi Blog

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    The 6N6P started it. Bloody Ruskies
    You still using the 'gold grids'? - still giving the best results compared to your red nipples?
    I've sent my remaining spare on to JP (dicemean) - be interesting to see what he thinks of it.

I'm Justin.

Yeah GGs still in use. Still not smashed some open yet to see if grids really are different.

I'm gone.

How could you possibly doubt?

I'm Justin.

Those Path resistors had better not be really noticeably good as I could end up putting those in the Lampi and pre and power amps etc. Would get expensive very quickly.

So here's hoping they are total foo in one way😎

I'm gone.

Where are they intended for to start with?

.... 50% extra cables = 50% extra goodness

I'm Justin.

I've been doing a bit of work on the crossovers, working out the basic Apogee Duetta crossover in XSim and doing some mods and practically trying the results using cheap Monocor components.

I've then read a lot of foo component reviews to try and analyse the nature of the foo.

Based on those reviews, I have ordered foo likely to suit what I am after.

I'm just trying to get the last nth degree of performance out of Interstella. Based on hearing the world's finest gear over and over again I can't ever forsee changing to anything else apart from maybe Full Range if I move house. But that's a lot of work and hassle, nevermind money. I'm pretty happy with what I have so getting the best out of it makes sense.

I'm jp.

I've been doing a bit of work on the crossovers, working out the basic Apogee Duetta crossover in XSim and doing some mods and practically trying the results using cheap Monocor components.

I've then read a lot of foo component reviews to try and analyse the nature of the foo.

I'm just trying to get the last nth degree of performance out of Interstella. Based on hearing the world's finest gear over and over again I can't ever forsee changing to anything else apart from maybe Full Range if I move house. But that's a lot of work and hassle, nevermind money. I'm pretty happy with what I have so getting the best out of it makes sense.
    IMHO going active is the next stage. I appreciate the buggeration in finding 4 bloody good matching monoblock amps but having heard how good a najda active dsp sounds it's where I'd be heading.

I'm jp.

IMHO going active is the next stage. I appreciate the buggeration in finding 4 bloody good matching monoblock amps but having heard how good a najda active dsp sounds it's where I'd be heading.

I'm jp.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    You still using the 'gold grids'? - still giving the best results compared to your red nipples?
    I've sent my remaining spare on to JP (dicemean) - be interesting to see what he thinks of it.
    The 1964 otk arrived safe, unfortunately the good grid had slipped out of its shroud and the pins resemble the legs of a drunk octopus; I will try b ding back into shape and cleaning (pins look very tarnished ) and give it a whirl ;-) thanks jerry ;-)

I'm gone.

Oh bugger.
    If you can't get it to work maybe Justin can send one of his spares, assuming he hasn't taken a hammer to them yet!

+ Reply to Thread