Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    I don't think it's a 5 minute fix
    Good start here perhaps? : -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Precision-...995#vi-content

Cheers,
    Dave.
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
    Good start here perhaps? : -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Precision-...995#vi-content

Cheers,
    Dave.
    Could be
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Lee.

Quick question: I just got my Beach Boys Smiley Smile cd with the mono/stereo mixes. I've ripped it with XLD and the mono tracks are the same size and bitrate as the stereo tracks. I thought they'd be around half that.

Is that correct?
    Lee

Independent Apple tech support guy at Macnology

Gear: iMac > ALAC > Airport Express > Beresford Caiman DAC > Mark Grant IC > Audiolab 8000S > Chord Rumour Speaker Cable > Dynaudio Audience 42 Speakers > Grado SR80 Headphones

Vinyl: 90's Rega Planar 2, RB250, Bias Cart, Rega Fono Mini

Last.fm

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    Quick question: I just got my Beach Boys Smiley Smile cd with the mono/stereo mixes. I've ripped it with XLD and the mono tracks are the same size and bitrate as the stereo tracks. I thought they'd be around half that.

Is that correct?
    Just checked my 'Pet Sounds' mono + stereo FLAC rips and the stereo ones are about 60% larger than their mono counterparts...these were ripped by dBpoweramp at FLAC setting 5

eg.

Wouldn't it be nice (Mono) FLAC = 10.1 MB (10,632,345 bytes)
    Wouldn't it be nice (Stereo) FLAC = 16.3 MB (17,137,514 bytes)
    Cheers, Will

I'm Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by WAD62 View Post
    Just checked my 'Pet Sounds' mono + stereo FLAC rips and the stereo ones are about 60% larger than their mono counterparts...these were ripped by dBpoweramp at FLAC setting 5

eg.

Wouldn't it be nice (Mono) FLAC = 10.1 MB (10,632,345 bytes)
    Wouldn't it be nice (Stereo) FLAC = 16.3 MB (17,137,514 bytes)
    Hmmm, same tracks for me are 14.1 MB on disk (14,109,409 bytes) mono and 17.8 MB on disk (17,790,718 bytes) stereo, ripped with XLD some time ago to ALAC. That's with artwork too, same on both.
    Lee

Gear: iMac > ALAC > Airport Express > Beresford Caiman DAC > Mark Grant IC > Audiolab 8000S > Chord Rumour Speaker Cable > Dynaudio Audience 42 Speakers > Grado SR80 Headphones

Last.fm

I'm NoLongerActive.

If it was mono so single channel it would be half size indeed.
    But you can’t have 1 channel audio on a CD.
    Hence you get dual mono

I'm Lee.

Using XLD. Does anyone here know how to replace an old, low bit rate rip in iTunes with a new, lossless rip by actually replacing the file, but maintaining old play counts and such?

Cheers
    Lee

Last.fm

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    Using XLD. Does anyone here know how to replace an old, low bit rate rip in iTunes with a new, lossless rip by actually replacing the file, but maintaining old play counts and such?

Cheers
    Yep buy the CD and start again

Alan

I'm Mike.

I've just started to look at this little project, the software recommended in the OP is windows only as far as I can tell. I've had a go using Toast, but when its copied/converted it list the tracks alphabeticaly without track numbers, any sugestions for mac based ripping?
    Mike

My kit

Garrard 401, 12 inch Jelco SA – 750L, Yannis Tome 423.5 Phono Silver Litz tonearm cable, Graham Slee Reflex C with Yannis Tome 223.5 Connect-Litz cables, Audio-Technica AT33EV, Audio Technica AT33 Mono, XTZ A100 D3, Azur 650C CDP with Yannis Tome 223.5 Connect-Litz cables, Speakers - Kef LS S0, Graham Slee Novo headphone amp, Sennheiser HD650, Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike - H View Post
    I've just started to look at this little project, the software recommended in the OP is windows only as far as I can tell. I've had a go using Toast, but when its copied/converted it list the tracks alphabeticaly without track numbers, any sugestions for mac based ripping?
    My recommendation is XLD, X Lossless Decoder. There are others but XLD does what it should. Set up correctly it rips with CRC-checking and creates nicely tagged files in most relevant formats..

Regards
    /Mike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast