+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mains power leads

I'm Gary.

Default Mains power leads

Don't know if this has been done before or.....to death, but heyho.

Having just "upgraded " some of my mains leads, specifically amplifier and cd transport and found positive improvements, anyone else heard any changes.

Don't want to start a discussion between the dogma of "cables can't make any differences" just personal observations please.

Gary

I'm Hugh.

OK, I'll keep it simple. No I Haven't.

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by narabdela View Post
    OK, I'll keep it simple. No I Haven't.
    Cool, appreciated.

Bigman80 Guest

Haven't really experimented with power cables but it's next on the list. I have a DIY BMU in the pipeline. What cable have you used Gary?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Adam.

I have never heard any powr cable change make any difference. And I include in this a £1500 thing that was so ridiculously thick and unwieldy that fitting it round the back of my rack was like trying to push a hyperactive anaconda up a drainpipe when it would seriously rather have been elsewhere.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Gary.

Russ Andrews Yello, and some I made myself from 2 runs of aerial cable ( solid cores, difficult to work with) but great results to me anyway......lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Haven't really experimented with power cables but it's next on the list. I have a DIY BMU in the pipeline. What cable have you used Gary?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    I have never heard any powr cable change make any difference. And I include in this a £1500 thing that was so ridiculously thick and unwieldy that fitting it round the back of my rack was like trying to push a hyperactive anaconda up a drainpipe when it would seriously rather have been elsewhere.
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder5 View Post
    Don't know if this has been done before or.....to death, but heyho.

Having just "upgraded " some of my mains leads, specifically amplifier and cd transport and found positive improvements, anyone else heard any changes.

Don't want to start a discussion between the dogma of "cables can't make any differences" just personal observations please.

Gary
    This subject has been done to death Gary but I see no reason why it can't be aired again as some folk may have missed the discussions first time round. All I would say is that mains cables do make a difference, some would say even more than Interconnects! I think it is best to experiment yourself and listen to the differences but for what its worth my experience has found significant improvements especially to my Pre and power amps although they do require different cables. I would just say that I replace my switched sockets with unswitched silver plated sockets as well to obtain futher improvements. I felt it was necessary to look at all my mains and mains leads including earthing to gain a marked sonic benefit.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Peter.

Wasted more money on this issue than I wish to mention........ “No difference or improvement”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RothwellAudio Guest

Yes, I have heard a difference, though I don't know why it made a difference. Without knowing why, I am loath to recommend anything based on the principal that "it's more expensive so it must be better". There must be a more scientific principal at work. Unfortunately I don't know what that principal is.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast